I'll kill you Kakashi-sensei!

Right now we are waiting for them to announce the next match but there is a small problem...Sasuke is still not here. Unfortunately, the spectators are getting impatient because they want to see this fight. Even I don't want to wait on their decision any longer. Sighing I lean on the railing and hear Shikamaru saying. "What the heck is that guy doing? Is he planning not to come?"

At this Shino replies. "Confucious said, 'The wise do not approach the dangerous.' A wise decision perhaps?"

I scoff. "First off, I am not that dangerous and know if someone is still able to fight or not. Besides, there is still the examiner who can always stop a fight. Secondly, he didn't train so much just to not appear in the end. And thirdly, you forgot one thing...he trains with Kakashi-sensei who has the habit on showing up late. So I can't say that I'm surprised. I would have been more shocked if Kakashi-sensei would have been here on time for once."

Naruto agrees. "Yeah! He's definitely going to come!"

A few minutes later a ninja walks up to the examiner and they talk for a short while until Genma announces. "Ladies and gentlemen! The contestant for the next match hasn't arrived yet! Therefore we will push this match back and begin the next one!"

Everyone is surprised about this decision and I look at Kiki who smiles apologetically. Groaning I say kinda darkly. "When I get my hands on Kakashi-sensei I will kill him!!!"

Everyone who stood near me quickly backs off not wanting to be too close in case I lash out at one of them. Noticing this I regain my composure and take deep breaths in order to calm me down. Once I'm calm again I hear several sighs of relief and a few whisper. "I don't wanna be in his shoes when she gets him."

A tiny blush makes its way onto my cheeks out of embarrasment before I fight it back down thinking to myself. 'You're a dead man Kakashi-sensei if you don't have a good reason.'

~~With the Kages~~

The Hokage chuckles slightly. "Seems like your girl is now pretty annoyed, Lady Lunakage."

She sighs with a smile. "She will probably hunt Kakashi down once he is anywhere close to her and the matches are over. She is not a friend of unpunctuality."

Sheena groans. "Just great. Guess I have to keep her from killing him then. What a joy that's going to be..."

~~Back to (Y/n)~~

Genma continues. "And now the next match! Kankuro and Aburame Shino! Come down!!!"

Turning to them I notice something's off with Kankuro. He seems to be nervous all of the sudden. Raising an eyebrow I keep observing him. 'What is his role in the plan? Guess there are two on which I have to keep my eye on...'

Suddenly he leans over the railing a bit and shouts out. "...I forfeit!"

Just as everyone looks at him surprised Temari opens her fan and glides down on it to the battle area. Genma calls out to Shikamaru to get down there. From the look on his face he probably thinks about forfeiting too. That is until Naruto pushes him and he falls to the ground below. Several shouts are coming from the audience like "Hey! Hurry up and fight!" "Yeah! Hurry up and finish this crappy match!" or "Get up, kid! How long are you going to lie there?!"

I shake my head at them. People these days...it's not his fault that Sasuke isn't here yet. But...shouldn't Shikamaru have gotten up by now to get this match over with? Looking over the railing confused I see him still laying there seeming to be very unmotivated. I sweatdrop remembering that he is quite lazy. Suddenly Temari rushes forward to hit him with her fan even though the match hasn't officially started and the last thing I see is Shikamaru getting two kunais out. Then her fan hits the ground and afterwards Shikamaru stands on his two kunai which are put into the wall saying. "Ya know, I don't really want to fight and I don't care whether I become a Chuunin or not...but I'm not going to lose to a girl!"

My right eye twitches at his statement and I glare at him. He seems to realize his mistake because his face turns slightly pale. He is lucky that I am more angry at Kakashi-sensei and that I am not his opponent. Just then I feel someone's eyes focusing on me so I avert my gaze looking in the direction out of the corners of my eyes but the feeling disappears before I can find out who it is. Either the Sand or Orochimaru told someone to keep an eye on me or Kiki asked the anbu from our village to watch me. No matter which one it is I don't like it one bit. Shrugging it off I turn my gaze back. My part in our plan is to keep Gaara from letting Shukaku running free. Everything else will be taken care of by Sheena and the anbu.

Taking a deep breath I continue watching the fight to see Shikamaru by the trees and Temari standing in the middle with her fan open. She then swings it forcefully creating a strong wind which results in a heavy cloud of dust in the fighting area. After a few minutes she jumps backwards while a shadow is following closely behind. Once the shadow stops she marks it with her fan saying "I've seen through your Kagemane no Jutsu! Looks like there is a limit to how much you can stretch, shrink and change the shape of your shadow, isn't there? No matter how much you change and stretch the shape of your shadow, you still can't stretch it any further than the surface area of your normal shadow..right?"

Shikamaru replies. "Haha, that's right."

That means Temari has the advantage. With her wind techniques combined with her fan she is most likely better at ranged combat and currently Shikamaru can't reach her with his shadow. He looks like he is thinking about a strategy to get out of this situation. I wonder what he is coming up with. Temari once again uses her wind technique forcing him to hide behind a tree. While sending another windattack she shouts at him. "How long are you going to keep running away for? Give up already!"

Shikamaru throws a kunai at her which she quickly blocks with her fan. His shadow comes charging at her again this time getting over her drawn line but she manages to dodge it. I see...he waited for the sun to drop lower so his and the walls shadow would be larger but if I see it right this should now be the limit of his jutsu. Seeing something I smirk. Seems like he is way more intelligent than he looks like. Just then Kankuro yells. "Temari! From above!"

She looks up and quickly jumps away when she notices the parachute consisting of his shirt, headband and a kunai. She stops with her fan opened once Shikamarus shadow doesn't charge at her anymore. Then Temari sticks her fan into the ground like some form of shield and she hides behind it probably to perform a jutsu. Just as she changes her stance her body stops moving. Kinda confused I check the fighting area and my heterochromatic eyes widen when I realize what his true plan was. Keeping her attention on the visible shadows he kept moving her in between the holes which are there from the fight of Naruto and Neji and once she stood there he used the holes to expand his shadow and catch her. How many moves ahead is he thinking? Quite impressive.

The two of them walk to the middle of the area and due to Shikamarus jutsu both raise their hands. What happens next is quite surprising though because he says. "That's it...I give up."

I stare at him dumbfounded. He went through all the trouble just to give up?! Sure, he is pretty low on chakra now but still...what a weird one. Oh well, it's his decision not mine. Besides, with his strategic thinking he will most likely become a Chuunin no matter if he wins here or not. Temari is announced the winner of this match. He releases her from his jutsu and Naruto jumps down to give him a lecture. I shake my head at him with a smile before it turns into an excited grin. Now that this match is over I am finally going to fight in my own! Just then I notice two very familiar chakra sources and my smile widens. Was about time.

Sasuke and Kakashi-sensei appear in the middle of the area. Our sensei simply says. "Sorry we're late."

The examiner asks Sasuke for his name and he answers. "Uchiha Sasuke."

Still smiling I jump down. Now the battle everybody has been waiting for can finally begin.