Reunion

~~ Time skip two days after the battle~~

Me, Lady Kiki, Sheena and the anbu Lion are attending the funeral of the third Hokage. Everyone mourns his passing in their own way, even the sky seems to cry about his death. Iruka comforts the crying Konohamaru, Sheena clenches her fists tightly in anger and sadness because she couldn't do anything to save her sensei until Lady Kiki places a hand on her shoulder saying that he wouldn't want her to feel guilty for something that wasn't in her might. Closing her red eyes she nods with a sad smile as if she is imagining him saying this to her. I use the waiting time to think about the last conversation I had with the Hokage...and his request.

~~Flash back~~

During my training for the final rounds I was summoned to the Hokage's office because he wanted to see me. I left the house earlier than usual but Lady Kiki was very busy so she didn't even notice and I went to his office. There he asked me to take a seat and I nodded sitting down in the chair in front of his desk. He waited a few more minutes with his eyes closed before he started speaking. "I summoned you here because there is something I want you to do for me...a favor you could say."

Curiously I asked. "A favor? That must be a pretty big one considering how secretive you are, Lord Hokage, and makes me wonder...why are you asking me?"

Opening his eyes he smiled at me. "You truly are a clever young girl. Indeed, it is a big favor." At this he turned serious. "The reason why I chose you is because you aren't from Konoha and because I believe I can trust you. Besides I'm pretty sure you will be interested in this."

I nodded at him. "I see. In other words you need someone who isn't as bound to the village as the Konoha-ninjas."

Nodding he replied. "You could say so. It took myself several years to consider this and I still hope I am wrong." He picked up a letter and gave it to me. "In this letter is everything written what I know and what you will need. It is dangerous and if you are caught it will cause many troubles. After reading it take your time to think about whether you will do me the favor or not. It's your decision."

Nodding I took it before asking. "What if someone knows about our meeting and somehow gets his hands on the letter?"

The Hokage simply laughed at it. "Don't worry about it. You and the dragons are the only ones who are able to read it. It was quite hard to write it that way but it was worth it."

I looked at him confused but shrugged it off and stood up. I said while bowing. "Alright then. I will take my leave for now and will let you know about my decision as soon as possible."

Smiling he thanked me and told me once again I can take as much time as I need to come to a decision. After nodding one last time to him I turned around and left his office wondering about what it might be.

~~Back to the present time~~

I still haven't given him an answer but right now I finally made my decision. After Lady Kiki's small speech and during my turn to lay a flower on his grave, I whisper "I accept your request, Lord Hokage. Rest in peace."

After the funeral the four of us go back to Kiki's and mine temporarily house. No one says a single word, everyone being too caught up in their own thoughts. Once there I excuse myself and go into my room. I sit down on the ground and go through the letter from the Hokage once more. It's written in ancient dragon tongue and I honestly don't know how the hell he was able to learn enough to write this letter but I am glad he could. If his suspicions are correct then I have to get my hands on evidence and that quick but that's going to be hard. If there are any documents about it then they will be put together with other documents in a very safe place which is most likely guarded in some way. Or maybe I don't need them that desperately...could there be another less dangerous way?

Suddenly someone knocks on my door. I quickly hide the letter in my drawer before saying. "Come in."

The door opens and reveals Lion standing in the doorway. "I'm sorry for the disturbance but I would like to tell you something important even though it might not be the right time."

I groan mentally. "Alright. What is it?"

He closes the door before sitting down on his knees in front of me. "How do I begin...how would you react if someone dear to you wasn't dead even though you saw them dieing and kept that from you for several years?"

Confused why he asks such a thing I think about it before replying. "Well...I don't really know. I suppose it depends on the reason why it has been kept hidden from me. But one thing I know for sure....after I got over the shock I would be very happy...no, more than just happy to see them again. I would probably ask many questions and maybe I would be angry too but overall I would be overjoyed to see them again and forgive them immediately." With a sad smile I continue. "But that won't happen to me anytime soon...no matter how much I wish for it...that's for sure."

Hearing him taking a deep breath he says. "You are wrong."

Now completely confused I look at him. "What?"

He continues. "I was tasked with guarding you since you were five years old. I wasn't allowed to interfere with the sacrifice so all I could do was watching and hoping you would be strong enough to survive it. You can't imagine how relieved and grateful I was when Lady Kiki managed to calm you and took you in. After she became the Lunakage I told her everything and she agreed to keep quiet even though she wasn't comfortable with it but these were the rules. I spent seven years watching you and keeping my identity hidden, not conversing with anyone. It was hard but I managed to do it because I would do anything to ensure your safety. And...I was waiting for the day when I would finally tell you that I am still alive." At this he grabbed his mask. "And now, the day finally arrived."

He takes the mask off of his face and with it a transformation jutsu I didn't notice before. My bicoloured eyes widen in shock and I feel like being frozen in place. Right in front of me sits my older brother Damon. His light blue hair is longer and he is older now of course but his eyes are still the same teal coloured warm ones I know back from my early childhood. He seems to be afraid of probably my reaction but also relieved like a giant rock has been lifted from his shoulders. Not believing my eyes I ask quietly. "B-big brother...you're alive...but, how...?"

He smiles sadly. "That day I honestly thought I would die but our clan's healers managed to save me. It took me a week to recover and our mother told me about the decision which was made and my part in it. I...I'm sorry, little sister but I..."

I interrupt him by throwing my arms around his neck while crying tears of joy. Catching him off guard he falls on his back on the floor with me on top of him still hugging him like he would disappear when I let him go. "I'm so glad...Da-Da (spoken: Day-Day), my brother, is still alive...so, so glad..."

He returns my embrace tightly not saying another word, just enjoying the feeling of having his little sister in his arms again.

~~Third Person POV~~

The Lunakage Kiki and the dragon of fire Ifri, who came from his realm by his own, are watching the scene through the small gap between wall and door with bright smiles. They silently close the door to give the siblings some privacy. The dragon goes back to his realm to tell the others the good news while Kiki quietly walks back to the living room to tell Sheena about it.