Rivals

~~??? POV~~

I am walking through Konoha towards my home. I turn around a corner and see (y/n) walking on the street. I go faster to catch up with her and talk with her when she suddenly falls to the ground. I run to her and catch her before she hits the ground. Her eyes close and she falls asleep. She looks so peaceful and cute. I shake my head at that thought and sigh. I guess I really start to love her. She snuggles closer to me. I blush slightly at this and pick her up bridal style to carry her to her house. I keep sneaking glances at her and blush even more. After some minutes I hear someone shouting my name. I turn around and groan at who I see...

~~Naruto's POV~~

I walk home from Ichiraku's happily, because I finally got my headband and Iruka-sensei paid for my ramen. I hope I get in a team with (y/n). She is so nice even to me and a strong fighter. She can even beat the idiot Sasuke easily! I am sure I can learn much from her and we will make a good team! And one day she will be the Lunakage and I the Hokage, believe it! That reminds me she ignored Sasuke today completely. I wonder why. When I turn around a corner I see someone walking. I come closer and mumble: "Think of the devil..."

I notice he carries someone and get closer while trying to find out who it is. My eyes widen and I grit my teeth. He carries an unconscious (y/n)! I shout out angrily: "Oi, Sasuke!"
"-turns around- -groans- What do you want, idiot?!"
"What did you do to (y/n)-chan?! And why are you carrying her?!"
"I didn't do anything! She fell to the ground unconscious and I just bring her to her home! Why do you even care?"
"She is my friend that's why I care! And why did she ignore you in the academy? She wouldn't do that without a good reason!"
"That's none of your business, idiot! -turns back around- -continues walking-"
"Hey!!! I don't think she would be happy that you carry her! I will bring her home!"
"How are you going to do that? You don't even know where she lives!"
"And how do you know where she lives?!"
"There is one house which was empty until the day she first came to the academy. I'm not so dumb like you, Naruto!"
"I will follow you then! Who knows what will happen if I let you alone with her!"
"Whatever!"

With that said we both walk to her house and he still carries her! But I don't say a word because I don't want to wake her up and just glare at Sasuke. (Y/n) just looks so peaceful...I would feel bad if I accidently wake her. We stop in front of her house and go up to her door. I knock at it and some minutes later the door is opened by the woman I saw with (y/n) on her first day. Who was she again...the Lunakage...oh right Kiki. She looks at us and then her gaze lands on (y/n). She looks concerned and asks: "What happened to her? Is she hurt? My poor little (y/n)...if I find the person who did that I swear I..."
"Lady Kiki, calm down please. She is just exhausted that's all."
"Are you sure, Ixio?"
"Yes. I can't smell any blood or see any injuries and looking at her face tells me she is just tired."
"Alright then, I guess. And why are you carrying her?"
"I saw her falling and caught her. She fell asleep and I decided to bring her home."
"And I didn't want to let her alone with him."
"-giggles slightly- Well then, thank you two very much. -bows-"
"No problem, auntie Kiki!"
"I will take her to her room then. -takes (y/n) from Sasuke- Oh right, could I get your names, please?"
"...Sasuke Uchiha..."
"I'm Naruto Uzumaki, the next Hokage!"
"-smiles- Alright. Thank you again for bringing her here. If you need something don't hesitate to ask me."
"-both nods-"
"Then good bye, Sasuke and Naruto!"
"Good bye Lady Lunakage."
"Bye auntie Kiki!"

She closes her door and we go back to the street. We stand in front of each other glaring. I say: "(Y/n)-chan is my friend and I won't let you take her away from me. You already have your fan girls who will gladly be with you. She is too nice for you anyway."
"Hn. -smirks- She might be your friend but I know something about her you don't. You should give up, idiot."
"Never! I like her too much to give up!"
"Me too!"
"Well, you already made her mad at you!"
"And you haven't met her outside the academy!"
"What about you two get to know her and later let her decide if you still like her then?"
"-both- What are you doing here?!"
"-sighs- I'm a dragon and my senses are stronger than human one's. I could hear your whole 'conversation' inside the house and decided to come out. What about my suggestion now? Do you agree or continue discussing and maybe waking Princess (y/n) during that?"
"-glare at each other-"
"Whatever...I agree. She is too smart for this idiot anyways."
"I agree, too. She won't be interested in Sasuke anymore after he made her angry."
"Alright then. Now go home and calm down. If you haven't noticed it, yet, she isn't fond of much attention."
"-nod at her- -send a last glare at each other and go in different directions to their homes-"
"-smirks mischievously- That will definitely interesting. I can't decide which one will be better! I will just 'help' both and see what happens. -giggles-"