Second part - Forest of Death

We follow Anko and arrive at a forest. There is a sign saying 'Danger! Stay out!'. 'How welcoming. I already feel at home.' I think sarcastically while rolling my eyes. Seriously that is the Chuunin exam so how dangerous can it be?

Anko turns to us with a sadistic smirk. "Welcome to the stage for the second test, practice area 44 also known as...'The Forest of death'!" Great, the name fits with it's appearance and with the sign. She continues. "You'll soon find out why it's called the 'Forest of death'."

What does she mean with that? Now I have an even worse feeling than before. I look to my team to see Naruto making fun of Anko. I sigh and facepalm at it. He loves getting in trouble, doesn't he? She throws a kunai in his direction scratching his cheek and appears behind him. "Kids like you are quickly killed...Hehehe...Spraying that red blood I love..." She then licks his wound. Strange woman...

Suddenly she takes another kunai when someone else stands behind her giving her kunai back...with his tongue. I can feel Ixios disgust but I observe the person. I don't know why but I have the feeling that this one is very dangerous. Noticing she still has a hold on Naruto I walk up to her with a threatening glare. "I don't like it when someone attacks my team. If you don't have a death wish then you should let go of him and believe me, I'm not joking."

Anko looks at me and after seeing my headband she smirks and retreats from him. Naruto then asks. "Thank you, (y/n). I have a question though...can you or your dragons make your tongue so long?"

Ixio looks utterly disgusted while I look at him confused. "Why do you think that, Naruto-kun?"

He scratches the back of his neck. "Well, I thought because dragons are similar to snakes and snakes can do that, that you..."

He starts but Ixio cuts him off angrily. "WHAT?! Don't you dare to compare any of us with such a gross creature! We are nothing like that and...!"

I facepalm. Of course he would pick the wrong comparison and Ixio would burst out with how horrible snakes are and so on. I lay a hand on her shoulder to calm her and she takes a deep breath to relax. I smile apologetically at Naruto. "Sorry Naruto-kun. The dragons hate it when they are in any way compared to snakes. And we can't do that with our tongues."

He nods slowly and I turn my attention back to Anko. Out of the corner of my eye I can see the guy looking at me in interest. To be honest I don't like it one bit! The examiner looks at us. "Looks like we have a lot of blood thirsty ones in this test. Hehehe, this should be fun." And she definitely belongs to the top three of the most blood thirsty ones. "Now, before we start the second test...there's something I have to pass out. You must sign this agreement forms."

Agreement forms? For what? "There will be deaths in this one and if I don't have you sign these it will all be my responsibility, hehe." Why am I not surprised by this...? "I'm going to explain the second test, then you can sign it afterwards. And then each team will check in at that booth behind me. Now I'll explain the second test..."

The papers are passed out during her explanation. All we have to do is to get to the tower in the middle of the area in five days with the two scrolls. One we will get before we enter and for the other one we have to fight against another team. And we aren't allowed to look in the scrolls until we make it to the tower. We sign our forms and get our heaven scroll. Then we walk to gate 12 and wait for the test to start. Anko announces it to begin and we get inside quickly. Some minutes after walking we hear a scream. "Seems like the first team is out already."

Sakura turns to me. "How can you stay so calm (y/n)-chan? I'm getting really nervous..."

I smile at her. "Don't worry, Sakura-chan. I am a former anbu captain and I won't let anything happen to any of you. Besides I still have my dragons by my side so I doubt there is much to be afraid of."

She smiles more calmly now....at least until Naruto wants to release himself in our sight. She hits him over the head. "What are you doing in front of girls!!! Do that in the bushes!"

I have to stiffen a laughter. Even in such a situation they aren't acting more serious. Naruto then goes into the bushes and when he comes back I quickly get in a fighting stance and Sasuke punches him in a tree. Ixio also observes our surroundings cautiously. Sakura is shocked and 'Naruto' asks. "What the hell are you doing?"

I glare at him and growl. "Where is the real Naruto?"

Sakura looks at me confused and Sasuke explains it. "Your shuriken holster is on your left side, he is right handed."

"And the main difference is you don't have the scratch that examiner put on Naruto's cheek. Good thing I haven't healed it." I add with a cold gaze.

Sasuke then mocks him. "You're a fake loser who is worse than Naruto at transforming."

The fake Naruto disappears and the guy asks who of us the scroll has. He then charges at us deciding to take it by force. Sasuke fights with him while Ixio protects Sakura and I search for Naruto. I find him tied up and sigh. Why doesn't that surprise me? I quickly free him and turn back to Sasuke to see the ninja standing behind him with a kunai. Running to them I throw a kunai at the guy who dodges this. Sasuke then jumps up and stabs him with another one in his arm. He retreats quickly and we all sit down on a spot to discuss what we will do. Sasuke starts. "If we get separated again...Even if it's one of us, don't trust them! This could happen again."

Sakura questions what we should do and I reply. "I would suggest something like a codeword and if they get it wrong then assume they are the enemy no matter how much they look like any of us. Does anyone have an idea for a codeword?"

Sasuke answers. "I have one. Listen carefully, I'll only say it once. When the nin song, 'nin machine' is asked answer with 'A large amount of loud enemies is the friend of the shinobi, hide and remain silent. A shinobi must understand the proper time, when the enemy is tired and ill prepared.'"

Sakura nods confidently while Naruto looks like a lost puppy. I giggle quietly. "When you see me just ask me to activate my Dragan. It's impossible to be copied. Ixio, can you please take the scroll into your realm? Then no one can steal it."

Sakura looks at me worried. "Wait...what if this is against the rules...?"

I smile at her calmly. "First it's a fight over the scrolls without rules and secondly she only said we fail this test when we don't reach the tower with both scrolls in five days or when one of our teammates dies. She never said something about the scroll has to be reachable for our opponents." I wink at the end and give Ixio the scroll.

She puts it in her realm and afterwards transforms into a small yellow dragon laying down on my shoulders. Everyone stares at her. "What? That way I don't have to remember this horrible long codeword."

I shake my head at her. Suddenly there is a really strong wind and we all get separated. I activate my Dragan and search for my team. Sensing Sasuke's and Sakura's chakra near I run towards it. When I arrive they get in a fighting stance. I look them directly in the eyes. "Don't tell me you forget what my Dragan looks like."

They calm down slightly. 'Naruto' comes to us and Sakura asks him for the codeword. I wait patiently for them to realize that this one is fake. He recites the codeword and Sasuke throws a kunai at him. Sakura is shocked and I stay cautious observing the fake one. He transforms back. "Impressive that you knew....How did you know that I was a fake?"

Sasuke smirks. "I noticed someone spying on us during our conversation. That's why I made the codeword like that. There's no way Naruto could remember such a long song. So you had to be fake. Besides (y/n) was ready to attack the moment you came out and knowing she can identify someone by its chakra, it was easy to say you weren't Naruto."

I look at him surprised. "So you were observing me to find out who is real and who isn't? I will take that as a compliment." I wink at him and he blushes slightly.

The guy says in return. "I see...Neither tired nor ill prepared, are we? This will be more fun than I thought."

I turn my gaze back to him. Hoping Naruto is fine I quietly whisper to Ixio to go back in her realm. She looks at me worried but does as I told her. Sakura and Sasuke look at me surprised but I still watch our opponent. I don't know why but I have the feeling that he is even more dangerous than he seems. The creepy guy continues showing us his scroll. "You want my 'Earth scroll', right? Since you guys have the 'Heaven scroll'..." Then he puts it in his mouth and swallows it. I admit this is disgusting! "Now let's begin the battle for each other's scroll....With our lives on the line."

The killing intent in his eyes makes Sakura and Sasuke imagine death and Sasuke...can't keep the food in his stomach. I stay unaffected by it seeing it multiple times already. My teammates can't move and I act like I couldn't too. The guy throws two kunais at Sasuke and Sakura and I quickly run to them to grab them and disappear with them to another spot. There I look at them. "You two go and look for Naruto. I will try to keep him busy."

Sakura whispers afraid. "B-but (y/n)-chan...."

I interrupt her harshly. "No buts Sakura! I am more experienced than you two and can't be injured that easily. Besides this guy is not a normal Genin but neither am I. Don't worry about me. Alright?"

She looks at me with concerned eyes but nods slowly. I smile encouraging and activate my dragon wings to fly. Searching for the opponent I change my Dragan to the Byakugan and look around. Suddenly I hear Sakura scream. "Sasuke-kun, snake!!!"

I cuss under my breath and fly back to where I left them. There I see them being attacked by a huge snake. I get in front of Sasuke and throw some icicles in its mouth. It falls down dead and Sasuke gets safely on another branch. Something breaks out of the snake's skin. It is the creepy guy and my eyes widen in realization. He must be...! "You guys shouldn't relax for even a moment. Prey should always be trying their best to run away...in the presence of a predator that is."

He then winds the tree up like a snake and before I can react shuriken are thrown towards him. I smile in relief when I hear the well known voice. "I'm sorry Sasuke! I forgot the codeword."

Sasuke shouts at him. "Naruto!!! I know you think you are cool and here to save us...but forget it!! Run away! This one is on a whole other level!"

I keep my eyes on the guy while summoning Yvern, Ifri, Shi and Selene. They look at me serious knowing I rarely summon that many at once. I notice Sasuke turning to me and opening his mouth to say something but I don't let him. "Do you really think he wants our scroll Sasuke-kun? Remember his statement right before we got the forms. He is bloodthirsty and won't let us escape even when we give him the scroll. I know you are scared but you usually aren't a coward so stop acting like one Sasuke-kun!" I then turn to the dragons. "Selene and Yvern, I want you to protect my team please and before you ask why Yvern, you know the most about poison and can make it ineffective. Ifri and Shi, please fight with me against him."

They nod at me in understanding even though Yvern isn't really happy about it. He and Selene go to my team while Shi and Ifri bring out their wings and fly on each side of me. The creep summons a giant snake and every dragon growls and snarls at him. His snake attacks us and we quickly dodge it. We fight with claws and small spheres in our elements but it endures them. Suddenly the snake tries to attack my team but Selene's shadow shield prevents it from doing so. It tries it again but I land a hit on its head with a fire claw. I look at my friends. "Are you alright?"

Selene replies calmly. "Yes, Princess. Don't worry about us. Yvern keeps the poison away if the snake uses any and my shield is strong enough to endure the attacks. If we get in trouble I will tell you."

I nod at her and fly back to Ifri and Shi. Before we can continue to battle Naruto suddenly charges at him but he is stronger than usual...He uses Kyuubi's chakra that's why! I don't know if that's good or not...Some seconds later he has Naruto wrapped in his tongue and uses a jutsu on Kyuubis seal. Then he throws him away but I quickly fly in the direction and catch him. I bring him back to the others and lay him down cautiously. I fly to my former spot and activate Sera's chakra. The silver surrounds me and forms four tails for now. The guys eyes widen in surprise and I use the chance. "Dragon Style: Jutsu of the Flaming Breath!"

I hit him directly but he still stands there and it looks like his face is melting away. "To be able to use the strongest Kekkai Genkai so well at such a young age...I will change my target and take you..."

I roll my eyes at him but mentally I cheer because I got him away from Sasuke. "I feel so honored. A S-class criminal like you is interested in my power." I spat out in sarcasm.

Sakura asks me surprised. "You know him, (y/n)-chan?"

I reply to her while observing the guy. "I heard of him. He tries to get control over the dragons I don't have a contract with and is a dangerous former leaf ninja. His name is...Orochimaru."