We're going to the Chunin Exams!

The next day I am waiting with my team for Kakashi-sensei who called us to meet here early in the morning but is late as usual. Sakura and Naruto fuss about him loudly while Sasuke looks annoyed. Ixio looks at them amused and I sigh. His lateness gets on my nerves too but there is nothing we can do about it. Maybe we should find out where he lives so one of us can get him to the meeting spots in time even if I have to put a leash on him. That would look hilarious and he might learn from it. I notice someone tapping on my shoulder and turn my head to look at Ixio who has a curious gleam in her eyes. She asks, "What are you thinking about Princess? You have that mischievous expression like you are planning something."

I then feel my teams gaze on me equally curious to Ixios. I smile at her with closed eyes and chirp innocently, "I don't know what you are talking about Ixio. I was just thinking~."

"I know you too good to buy that excuse," she says while smiling mischievously, "You plan something embarrassing for Kakashi. Please, tell me! I want to help!" Ixio gives me her best puppy dogs eyes. She just knows exactly how she gets what she wants.

I pout at her, "That's unfair! You know I can't resist this!" She continues to look at me like this until I sigh in defeat and say, "Alright, I will tell you but stop giving me this look!"

Her lips immediately form a bright smile and she motions for me to continue. "I was just thinking that it would teach him a lesson if we find out where he lives and drag him to the meeting spot with a leash around his neck."

Ixio, Naruto and Sakura laugh uncontrollably at the image and even Sasuke can't contain a chuckle. I laugh along with them imagining this scenario. Some minutes later Kakashi-sensei appears with a lame excuse as always. Sakura and Naruto shout at him for being late while I shake my head. When the two finish their ranting Kakashi-sensei tells us why he called us. He recommended us for the Chunin Exams! That's so awesome! He gives us our forms and Naruto glomps him happily. I giggle at his enthusiasm. Our sensei tells us that it is our own decision if we want to participate or not and informs us about where we have to go to tomorrow afternoon. Then he disappears and we go away together. Naruto is very excited about it and it seems like Sasuke can't wait for it. Ixio smiles happily and dances around. I am happy too but I sense that something is wrong with Sakura. I glance at her worried and decide to talk to her tomorrow.

~~The next day~~

I leave my home earlier than I have to with Ixio following me. I sigh in relief because Kiki was squealing and crying the whole time yesterday and I successfully avoid her today. Ixio leads the way because of my 'great' sense of orientation. We go to Sakura's house to pick her up and to talk to her because I'm still concerned about her. We arrive there and I knock at the door. The door opens revealing Sakura behind it and I ask her if we could talk. She nods and opens the door wider for me. Ixio wants to stay outside because she doesn't want to disturb us. I nod at her and step inside. Sakura closes the door and leads me to her room where we sit down. I look at her and ask in a worried tone, "What is wrong Sakura-chan?"

She looks at me surprised at first but then her gaze turns to the floor and she sighs. I wait patiently until she says quietly, "I am afraid about the Exams. I am the weakest in our team and not a big help. I...I don't want to slow you three down just because of it." I embrace her tightly and her body tenses up at first.

"Sakura-chan, don't say such things about yourself. Don't compare yourself to others because that's nonsense. Sasuke and Naruto just know what their strengths are and use them to their best. Besides there are things you can do better. You have a great chakra control and you are very clever. You shouldn't underestimate your physical strength either. Just remember how far Naruto flies every time you punch him. Or how much damage it does. You aren't weak, Sakura-chan, no matter what everyone else says. Your time to shine will happen one day, I know it," I reassure her.

Sakura then relaxes and hugs me back. We stay like this for a few minutes until she let go of me. She smiles at me and says, "Thank you, (y/n)-chan. I feel much better now!" I smile back at her and say "No problem. That's what friends are for, right?"

She nods at it. Then she stands up with a raised fist and yells enthusiastically, "Then let's go and show them what we are made of!" I laugh at her change in behavior and she starts to laugh too. After we calmed down she grabs her signed form and we leave her house happily. Outside I see Ixio flirting with some guy and I sigh. I walk up to her, grab her wrist and drag her with me. She flails her arm and begs for me to let go but I ignore it. I walk up to Sakura and we go to our meeting spot. Sasuke already stands there waiting and a few seconds later Naruto arrives. I let go of Ixios wrist and we make our way to the academy with Ixio complaining about my tight grip and about me ignoring her. In the academy we see two boys blocking the door where room 301 is written. They discourage everyone who waits in front of the door. One team tries to get in the room and I notice Neji being in the team. The two punch the girl and the boy wearing a green jumpsuit in the team and continue their mean speech. At one point I have enough and I walk up to them. I stand in front of them and ask, "Are you finished with your stupidity?"

One of them looks at me angrily and snarls, "What do you want girlie?! A little girl like you shouldn't be here." I look at him threateningly and hiss, "What great ninja you are to underestimate someone by it's looks. Besides what are you even doing here? Two Jonins trapping Genins in an illusion, transforming themselves into Chunins and bullying said Genins. How strong can you two be then? Now break your stupid barricade because I have something to do on the 3rd floor."

The other one smirks and says, "Looks like at least one of them pays attention to their surroundings." I roll my eyes and look back at Sakura stating that she noticed that too because she has a great defense against illusions. She blushes a bit but nodded and states, "Of course. This is the 2nd floor after all." The illusion disappears and the one who snarled at me tries to kick me. Sasuke quickly stands in front of me wanting to block the kick with one of his own but the boy with the green clothing stands between them stopping their attacks with his hands. That's quite interesting. He seems to be a strong fighter too. He lets go of their feet and Neji scolds him for breaking their agreement. I go back to Sakura and turn back to Neji's team. I observe them and see no injuries at all. They just pretend to be weak to let everyone think they are an easy target. Not a bad strategy. The boy then looks at Sakura and I with a light blush while the girl shakes her head. I am confused when he suddenly walks up to us. He says, "My name is Rock Lee. Your names are Sakura and (y/n), right? One of you please become my girlfriend! I will protect you with my life!" He winks at us with a big smile and gives us a thumbs up. Sasuke and Naruto clench their fists while glaring daggers at Lee. Sakura denied disgusted and he looks like a kicked puppy.

I deny him nicely saying that I am not interested in anyone that way but we could be friends. His eyes light up slightly. Ixio squeals stating how cute he is and glomps him. I facepalm at her behavior and get her off of him while apologizing for her. He just nods still shocked and I turn to see Neji and Sasuke 'talking'. Sakura suddenly grabs my wrist and Sasukes and drags us to the next floor. I quickly grab Ixio and she somehow has Narutos wrist in her grip. On the next floor we are stopped by Lee shouting out to Sasuke and demanding a fight. He accepts despite our protests and I sigh thinking about how stupid boys can be...