The last fights

Hinata goes to the medical nins to give Kiba some medicine too. He says something to her and she looks to the ground. Hearing Hayate I turn to the board and see that she has to fight Neji. I don't have a good feeling about it remembering the glare he sent her earlier. Hinata is strong but Neji...I don't know why but I think he will be merciless to her when they fight. Some minutes later they face each other on the fighting ground. I keep an eye on Neji and ready myself to interfere if things get bad. I'm not listening to the conservation next to me but I hear Lee mentioning that Hinata is from the main house while Neji is from the branch house and that both houses don't get along well. That makes me think of my family. Sensing my change of mood Cara asks me. "Is everything alright Princess?"

Shaking my head I reply. "I'm fine don't worry. It's just that hearing Lee talking about the Hyuuga made me think of my family." Noticing their questioning gaze I sigh quietly and continue. "You know, in my family was a similar system. We called them the true blood and the side blood because only one daughter of a dragon summoner inherits this ability even though we are all from the same bloodline. There were also always quarrels and complains about it but not to the extent of hating each other. In fact they had a pretty strong bond and supported each other no matter what. So I'm wondering what happened in their family to make the branch house hate the other one. I mean they are related by blood after all..."

At the last part I turn back towards the ground silently hoping that Hinata will be fine. Hayate announces the battle start and right after that Neji says. "Before we begin the fight I'd like to say something Hinata-sama...You don't make a good shinobi. Forfeit now!" Hinata looks at him wide-eyed and I tighten my hold on the railing. "You are too kind. You wish for harmony and avoid conflict. You agree with others, never resisting. And you have no confidence in yourself. I always feel your sense of inferiority..that's why I thought it would be best for you to remain a Genin...but the Chuunin exam can only be taken as a team of three. You couldn't turn down your team-mate's request and unwillingly entered, this is reality. Am I wrong?"

Hinata replies shyly. "N..No...I...I just wanted...wanted...to change myself....do it...myself."

Just then Neji says coldly. "Hinata-sama...as I thought, you are a spoiled brat of the main house. Losers are losers...their personality and strength will not change..."

He continues his arrogant speech making me angrier with each second. What the hell is wrong with that guy?! How can he be so cruel to his own cousin?! I don't understand him one bit! My grip tightens even more until I see tears forming in Hinata's eyes. That's when I snap and break the railing where my hands had been. I'm about to jump down agitated but Ifri -who has changed back- and Cara held onto me desperately trying to hold me back. I shout out madly. "LET ME GO SO I CAN SHOW HIM HOW WEAK AND PATHETIC HE IS!!!" After remembering that Hinata might be disqualified when I interrupt I stop struggling -much to the dragon's relief- and try to encourage Hinata instead. "Don't listen to his idiotic talk! People can change if they are determined to and you definitely can! I believe in you, Hinata-chan! Give him a fight he will never forget for the rest of his life!"

I feel everyones eyes on me but I don't care. My eyes are focused on Hinata to show her that I truly believe in her. I can faintly hear Naruto shouting something, most likely something to encourage her. She looks at me before her gaze meets the ground. Then she clenches her fists and looks back up now with determination. Neji says something but Hinata replies. "...I no longer...want to run away!"

With that she activates her Byakugan and gets in her fighting stance. Neji also changes his stance and the fight starts. The others are talking about the fighting style while I concentrate on the battle and observe if I have to interfere and if so when. At some point Hinata spits out blood but she still continues to fight until Neji throws her on the ground. He once again starts talking non-sense but Hinata stands back up weakly not giving up. Right afterwards she spits out more. She is at her limit and if he attacks her one more...she might not survive it. Naruto encourages her once again and she continues to fight. It goes on for a bit until she is again thrown to the ground. Hayate ends the fight even though Naruto tries to stop him from doing so and Hinata stands back up. She is much stronger than I thought and I'm happy about that. Neji begins his destiny talk again and Hinata tells him that the one who suffers is him. That's when he races towards her not listening to Hayate's shout and right before he can reach her I teleport myself in front of her blocking his attack with ease and pushing him on the ground. "That's more than enough! What is so hard to understand about 'the match is over'?!"

Suddenly Hinata makes a strange and painful noise and I quickly let go of Neji and run to her. I notice Cara and Sakura, Naruto and Lee jumping down and coming to us. Cara is the first to arrive and immediately picks her up to bring her to the medical room I suppose and heal her. I can hear Neji saying something to Naruto but I'm too worried about Hinata to listen to it. It's most likely something that would make me lose it anyways. I watch them leave and silently hope that Hinata is alright.

I slowly stand up looking at the ground with strands of my (h/c) hair hiding my eyes and clench my fists tightly. Turning towards Neji I glare at him with the coldest and most threatening gaze I am able of while revealing half of my chakra and say menacingly. "You aren't a good shinobi so stop acting arrogant. A good shinobi knows when a fight is over and respects the strength and skills of his opponent even when he doesn't win. Besides you shouldn't lose your head over something as trivial as her hitting the right spot. That makes you the weakling in the end no matter how 'strong' you think you are." He stares at me wide-eyed upon seeing the amount of chakra I'm showing. I turn to go away but then I look over my shoulder and add. "You should better start praying that I won't be your opponent or forfeit when we should fight because I will let you pay for that if I get the chance to and believe me I know how to let someone suffer immense pain without killing him...at least immediately."

With that said I turn back to the front and return to the upper level. I feel the terrified and shocked gazes of everyone on me and quickly hide my chakra again. Standing next to Ifri I notice Gaara and Kankuro staring at me one terrified while the other seems to be more curious. Kankuro goes to Naruto and talks to him. Seems like he tries to get some information but Naruto won't tell him any secrets. He doesn't know about my true strength, just the things he saw and what I told him. He might have heard some rumors but it's not like they give away much information so it's safe. Even I don't know the whole extent of my power and honestly, I don't want to. The dragons seem to know more about it but they are not telling me anything. In fact I'm sure they are hiding something from me but that doesn't matter now.

Once everyone returned Hayate announces the begin of the next match. I don't pay attention because I'm too busy worrying about Hinata's condition. She is in good hands and Cara will do everything to help her. Besides the medical nins are there too so everything should be fine...at least I hope so. Feeling someone tapping me on the shoulder I turn to the person to see Ifri motioning for me to look at the board with a serious face. Doing so I immediately become attentive and focus on the redhead who already stands in the fighting area waiting for his opponent. Why couldn't his opponent be Dosu? Then I wouldn't care about what Gaara does to him but instead it is Lee. Sure Lee is strong but Gaara is dangerous and quite merciless...Suddenly someone put his hand on my shoulder. Turning towards the person I see Touko standing there with a serious expression. "You should be more careful with that weird thing on your neck. It might use your feelings and thoughts against you...and don't ask me why I think that. I mean you should know that my family has a great knowledge about such things."

Sighing I nod. "I know. I also know that I have to be careful but I just can't stand here watching and don't interfere when it's clear the match is over. That is just too cruel for me."

She looks at me before shaking her head and coming closer to inspect the seal. "Unbelievable that everyone in our village is afraid of someone soft like you. Let's see....that's a pretty strong curse seal you got there." She whispers while laying her fingers on it. "That's how it is.....well, I have good and bad news for you. The good one is that I can possibly make a jutsu to destroy it. Now to the bad ones..it will take some time for me. Most likely I will need some months to finish such a jutsu and I'm not sure if it is really going to work...I-I mean not that you have to accept my offer or that I care for you. It's just for showing the truth of my families reputation that's all!"

I stare at her wide-eyed in shock at first before I start to smile brightly and happily glomp her. "You would do that for me?! That's so great!"

Touko stiffens in surprise. A few seconds later she starts struggling. "A-alright I get it, you want me to try it! N-now let me go before I think it over!!!"

Finally noticing her discomfort I let go of her and scratch the back of my neck chuckling. "Oops, I'm sorry. I guess I exaggerated a tiny bit out of joy."

She shakes her head with a sigh. "Whatever...Once the prelims are over I will start working on that and tell you when I finish it. Until then!" She turns to leave but after some steps she stops and says. "One more thing...whatever the little jinchuriki down there does don't jump in. At least let your beast take control over your body for it. She won't be affected by that seal and it's less risky for you."

With that said she leaves without giving me a chance to thank her. I smile at her before closing my eyes and concentrating to talk with Sera. 'What do you think about it Sera? Would you interfere for me when needed?'

She chuckles a bit before answering. 'Such a stupid question, of course I would. I will take over when its time.'

I thank her and open my eyes to observe the fight. Lee and Gaara are facing each other waiting for Hayate to announce the start. "Now, 10th match, please begin!!!"

Lee strikes first and tries to hit Gaara with his jutsu 'Leaf Spinning Wind' but he is blocked by a wall of sand. Interesting...it's like the sand has its own will and wants to protect him. So thats why he never got a scratch...how fascinating! I want to fight him to maybe find out how it works! Maybe Mino can explain that to me...that doesn't matter now! I have to keep an eye on him!

Snapping out of my thoughts I continue watching their battle. I hear Gai telling Lee to take 'them' off. Then Lee sits down and takes off his...weights? That's unusual...but now he should be faster than before. The fight then continues and like I thought Lee is much faster than before. Even I have a hard time to follow his movements without activating my Kekkai Genkai! The sand -even though it somehow sounds strange- has problems to keep him from hitting Gaara until he manages to cut his cheek and sends him flying. Not bad especially for someone who can only use tai-jutsu...but glancing at Kankuro I can tell that something bad is going to happen. Gaara stands back up and it looks like his face is falling apart even though it's 'just' sand. His whole expression is the one of a bloodthirsty beast...Sera be ready! I have the feeling like we have to interfere soon...
Suddenly Lee loosens some of his bandages and starts his next attack. He uses the technique he tried to use against Sasuke and once Gaara is high enough in the air Lee wraps his bandages around him after hesitating for a moment because of the pain and they are spiraling to the ground. Just before they hit the ground Lee jumps away. Gaara lays on the ground and Lee is panting heavily. That's the 'Initial Lotus'....impressive. Unfortunately, he didn't hit his target but a sand cover. Gaara reappears behind him and it looks like the demon inside of him has awaken. Damn it! He lands a direct hit on Lee and throws him into the wall. A second attack follows right after and Lee barely blocks it. The fight continues and it seems like Gaara is playing with him. I grit my teeth angrily. I can't do anything yet! A suddenly recovered Lee and Gaara are facing each other once again and I can hear Kakashi-sensei and Gai talking about the 'Eight Celestial Inner Gates'. He is capable of such a jutsu?! But that's a dangerous technique!...Well, I'm one to talk here...
That means he recovered so fast because he opened the 'Heal Gate' and Gai said he can open 5 gates. Sure it's impressive but this technique can lead to your death at least when you open all eight gates. Lee I really hope you know what you are doing there. He opens the third and the fourth gate and attacks Gaara kicking him high up into the air. There he uses him as a punching bag or something like that. Lee opens the fifth gate before he throws Gaara to the ground. Just then the gourd on Gaara's back turns to sand and protects him. Lee is back to normal and barely able to stand. Gaara's sand wraps around his left arm and leg and Gaara uses a jutsu crushing them. It sounds so painful!
Lee then lays on the ground not moving an inch and Gai interferes. Not able to stand it any longer I let Sera take control and she quickly jumps to Gai's side ready to suppress Shukaku when needed and says menacingly. "That's enough! Stop now or you know what will happen."

Seeing the demon withdraw upon recognizing her she calms down but stays on alert just in case. We can faintly hear Naruto asking why my voice is so strange and Ifri answers him that currently Sera is speaking and not really me. She focuses on Gaara not listening to the conservation and completely relaxes when he turns away and lets his sand retreat. The medical team comes and one of them asks Gai to come over to him. He tells him that Lee won't be able to live as a shinobi again. Sera has to keep herself from attacking Gaara or better said Shukaku. She glares at him coldly while I have to understand what the medical nin said. That can't be true! There must be a way to help him! There just has to be one!...Noticing my mixed feelings Sera forces my consciousness to fade away to comprehend everything...

~~Sera's POV~~

I hate it to shut (y/n) down but in that case it was necessary. Otherwise she will most likely do something she will surely regret later. That was too much for her today. Sighing I watch the red-head return to the upper level before I make my way back to Ifri. Once there Ifri looks at me and nods in understanding. Everyone else get back up too. Before the last match starts I sense (y/n)'s team mates looking at me and say without turning to them. "I put her mind to sleep before she might does something bad."

They stare at me surprised before the girl Sakura comes closer and asks. "Will she be alright?"

I turn to her and smile gently. "Of course she will. She just needs some time to deal with everything that happened today. No need to worry."

She nods and smiles in relief. It's great that (y/n) has such great friends who worry for her and want to help. Just then the coughing guy announces. "Well then, for the 11th and final match contenders, please step forward!"

Not really interested in that fight I glance at Gaara and hope that (y/n) will be his next opponent. He and Shukaku will be no match against me and her so we will keep them from killing anybody, that's for sure....