Meeting the sand siblings

I wait together with Sasuke, Sakura and Mino for Naruto and Kakashi-sensei. After some minutes I hear Naruto shouting: "Hey Sakura-chan and (y/n)-chan!"
"Hi Naruto-kun!"

Naruto and Sasuke glare at each other then they look away from the other. I sigh. They have been like this since we came back and I wonder why. They were already rivals before but now it's worse. Sasuke provokes Naruto whenever he can and Naruto always tries to beat Sasuke but well...it's not really working. I always have to separate these two because they only seem to listen to me. Neither Kakashi-sensei nor Sakura have the same affect like me. Does their bigger rivalry has something to do with me? I mean sometimes I have the feeling that they try to get my attention but why...maybe I should ask Ixio. She seems to know something. Or I ask Sakura. She maybe has an idea about it...

~~Three hours later~~

"Good morning! I got lost..."
"STOP LYING WITH A STRAIGHT FACE!!! GIVE IT A REST!!"
"-sighs- Incredible this guy..."
"HEY HEY!! KAKASHI SENSEI!! LATELY ALL OF OUR TEAM 7 MISSIONS HAVE BEEN TOO EASY!! I WANT A MORE, YOU KNOW, HOT ONE!! WHERE I CAN SHINE!! THAT FOLLOWS MY NINJA PATH!! AND MY HEART LIKE...!!"
"Yea yea -sighs- I pretty much know what you are going to say..."
'Damn this guy...always making me look bad and stealing (y/n)'s attention...I won't lose! Today I am going to be better than him!'
"Hey Naruto, what are you doing? Let's go!"
"Oh yeah!"
"You are really annoying today!"

~~after todays mission~~

Sakura helps Naruto to walk because he pushed himself too much. Sasuke then says: "Pft, he is always a burden."
"-gets angry- SASUKE!!!"
"-holds back Naruto- If you don't calm down I'll finish you!"
"-sighs- Sakura-chan please don't threaten him. Naruto-kun don't let him get to you that easily. Sasuke-kun stop provoking him."
"They are at it again..."
"Teamwork seems to be suffering lately..."
"Yeah, yeah! You're the one ruining our teamwork, Sasuke! Always hogging the spotlight, you bastard!!"
"That's you, you moron. If you want me to stop making you look bad then just...become stronger than me."
"That's it! You know what?! It's the two of you who destroy our teamwork! Your permanent bickering and fighting with each other is bad for our teamwork and it starts to annoy even me! I always have to separate you and stop every little fight between you! To be honest, I am sick of playing your caretaker or a mother who scolds her children!!!"
"-shocked- (y/n)..."
"Ok, that's it for today. I have to go submit that mission report..."
"I will leave then."
"Hey Sasuke-kun wait! How about we work on our teamwork, just..."
"You're the same as Naruto. If you have time to bother me, practice a jutsu or two. Frankly your ability is below Naruto."
"Sasuke-kun, being arrogant or mean to your teammates doesn't help you to become stronger. It makes you even weaker. Mino, we leave before I do something stupid."
"Alright Princess."

With that I teleport myself to the roof of the Hokage's office. Mino appears a few seconds later and I start to rant. "I don't get it! What happened that they act like that?! They were rivals before we went on that mission but now it's even worse! They can't be in one place without fighting! What the hell is their problem?!"
"Princess please calm down. Ranting won't help you in any way."
"But..."
"I know you are concerned about them but that won't help you to understand anything."
"-sighs- You are right. It's just I have the feeling that I am the reason for it but I don't know how that can be possible..."
"Just think about the reasons why you could be the reason for their fighting."
"...It all started after the mission in the waves. Could it be the fact that I was an anbu captain...no, then I would be their rival...maybe they give each other the fault for the injuries I got but that would be too stupid, even for them....besides they seem to try to get my attention but why...AARGH I DON'T GET IT!!!"
"-sighs- You really are oblivious."
"What do you mean?"
"It's actually quite easy. You are a girl, right?"
"Uhm, yes..."
"And they are boys, aren't they?"
"Yes..."
"Two boys who try to get the attention from a girl. What could be the reason?"
"...I don't get what...wait...don't tell me...!"
"Finally you understand!"
"No, no! They can't be in love with me!"
"But they obviously are."
"But...I'm not a person to fall in love with..."
"Princess..."
"Don't say anything, Mino please. Besides it's too dangerous now. Just think of Orochimaru and the former Lunakage."
"I get what you mean Princess. Just promise me to listen to your heart, no matter what it says and if you love one of them then he will be under our protection too. Don't forget, we want you to be safe and happy. Even Yvern, he just has a different and strange way of showing it."
"-hugs him smiling- Thank you Mino. I don't know if I love one of these two but I will tell you if."
"-hugs back- You're welcome, Princess. Now shall we go back to them?"
"-let go of him- -nods-"

I search for their chakra and notice some more ninjas near them. Mino already got his wings and starts flying while I teleport myself onto a branch in a tree near them. I look down to see Naruto and Sakura standing on one side with two kids and on the one are two Genins from Sunagakure and the boy holds a kid by his collar. He can be lucky Mino isn't here yet...I also notice Sasuke standing on another branch under me and another Jinchuriki close to us...that should be Sabaku no Gaara with the one-tailed beast Shukaku. I see the boy with the paint in his face trying to hit the kid when Sasuke throws a little at him and he lets go of the child. Sasuke asks them what they are doing in a foreign village. Sakura and the girl with her squeal at him and Naruto seems to have a little discussion with the kid. The guy with the paint grabs after the things on his back and I jump down, grab his wrist and say: "I wouldn't attack anyone here if I were you, paint boy."
"(Y/n)-chan!!!"
"-smirks- And what will you do if not?"
"-glares- Believe me, you don't want to know this. Besides what's with all the paint in your face? -smirks- Is your face so ugly that you want to hide it with all that paint~?"
"You little...!"
"Stop it, Kankuro. You're an embarrassment for our village."
"G...Gaara"
"-rolls eyes- -lets go of his wrist- Finally you interfere. I already thought you would continue standing there and watching."
"-surprised- You knew I was here?"
"-sarcastic- No, I just pretend to and act as if I am not surprised."
'Is she stupid?! She can't talk to Gaara like that!'
"They started it...!"
"Shut up...or I will kill you."
"-trembles-"
"You know, threatening your teammates to kill them is not what you should do. Telling them what's wrong is way more effective."
"-glares at me-"
"What? If you think I am afraid of you then you are stupid. I..."
"-lands on the ground behind her- Princess, you should stop angering other people. You will only get in trouble."
"Whatever. At least I'm not so weak to attack little kids."
"I take that back, she is way cooler than him."
"-angry- What do you mean with that, Princess?"
"Stay calm Mino. I'm not in the mood to keep you from killing him and I can't let you do it."
"But..."
"No buts Mino."
"-growls but nods-"
"Good. -takes him to Naruto and the others- -looks at Konohamaru- Are you alright?"
"Of course I am! I am Konohamaru after all!"
"-smiles- Alright then."
"-appears at his team- We go."
"Wait!"
"What?"
"Because of your headbands I think you are from Sunagakure, right? Your village has a contract with Konoha but still you can't come here without permission. Tell me why you are here."
"-shows permission- Don't you know anything? We are Genins from Sunagakure."
"You are here for the Chunin exams?"
"That's right."
"What is that?"
"-facepalms- To make it short that are exams which you have to pass to become a Chunin. There are Genins from Konoha, Suna, Tsuki and all other little villages which are near Konoha."
"Konohamaru! I will participate in the Chunin exams!"
"We can only participate when our sensei gives his agreement Naruto."
"Of course he will!"
"-comes down- You, what's your name?"
"Me?"
"No the one with the gourd."
"I am Gaara from the desert. I'm quite interested too. What's your name and -looks at you- yours."
"I am Sasuke Uchiha."
"(Y/n) (l/n)."
"Hey I am...!"
"That doesn't interest me."
"-smirks- Seems like you can't sense the others."
"What?"
"Just think about what I could mean. Before I forget it tell him Sera said hi."
"-realizes what she means- We leave. -leaves with his team-"
"(Y/n)-chan what did you mean?"
"Forget about it Sakura-chan. It's nothing that should concern you."
"If you say so...I'm sorry about earlier..."
"It's fine. I have to apologize too. I shouldn't have exploded like that."
"It was our fault (y/n)-chan! I promise you to try to stay calm."
"-sighs- I will try to provoke him less but I doubt that this is possible."
"Thanks! I will go home now and train with Mino. See you tomorrow!"
"See you!"

With that we leave and I drift off in my thoughts. The Chunin exams...it would be a great opportunity for him to appear. I will be careful and keep an eye on Sasuke...