Damon

Still being carried by Ifri I sigh in annoyance. He is way too stubborn! Thinking about ways to get revenge for that I hear Sakura asking. "Uhm (y/n)-chan...?"

Looking at her I say. "Yes, Sakura-chan?"

She hesitantly continues. "I remember you mentioning someone named Damon during the fight. Who is he? He seems to be someone important to you..."

Everyone stops walking after her question. My team turns their attention to me while Ifri tenses up. Smiling sadly I answer. "He was an excellent medical ninja and...my older brother. He could show others his memories and often used it to make me smile by showing me the places where he was."

Sakura looks at me with wide eyes amazed and guilty. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to remind you of...you know."

I shake my head. "No, he died a few months before that." Seeing her hesitating to ask something I say. "Let me guess...you want to know how he lost his life."

Looking unsure she nods slowly. "Only if it's okay with you! I mean..."

I interrupt her before she starts rambling. "I don't mind. After all I already told you about the massacre and I know I can trust you." Feeling Ifri's worried gaze I smile at him reassuringly before I continue. "It was the day after he came back from his last mission..."

~~Flashback~~

I ran into my older brother's room to wake him. "Wake up Damy! It's morning!" Noticing he continued sleeping I jumped on him shouting. "Damy! Wake up!"

Startled he woke up before groaning. "It's still early in the morning sis. Let me sleep a bit longer."

I looked at him with big teary eyes. "But you promised me you would spend the whole day with me when you come back from your mission and the day starts in the morning..."

Sighing he ruffeled my hair before smiling. "Sorry sis. You know I'm not a morning person and quite grumpy at this hour. What about I make you your favorite breakfast as an apology?"

Smiling brightly I nodded my head vigorously making him chuckle. "Alright. Just give me a few minutes to get changed and everything then I am all yours today."

Grinning in reply I got down and left his room. I went into the kitchen to wait for him patiently. After some minutes he came in yawning. Seeing me he picked me up and went to the table placing me on the chair. "Just sit here while I make breakfast."

I glared at him and pouted. "I could have sit down by myself!"

Laughing quietly at me he patted me on my head. "I know but I want to do that as long as I can before you are too 'old' for this. You are my little sister after all, right?"

Not able to protest I nodded in defeat. He smiled and turned around to start making breakfast...
After eating we put the dishes away and sat there in silence. Damon turned to me. "So, what do you want to do?"

Thinking about it I said. "Can we continue with training? I want to be able to heal small wounds at least so you can concentrate on the more major ones!"

He looked at me surprised at first before he smiled happily. "Sure sis. Then let's go to the training room."

After walking towards me he picked me up and carried me to the room. There he put me down and took out a kunai to give himself a small cut. Then he sat down and motioned for me to try healing it. I nod seriously before holding out my hands over the scratch. I closed my eyes and concentrated remembering what he told me to do.
Unfortunately, healing jutsus weren't my strength so that took me nearly the whole morning but in the end I could do it. Jumping around happily I squealed. "Yay!!! It finally worked!"

Chuckling Damon replied. "I told you with hard work you could perform it. Congrats sis!"

I glomped and thanked him smiling brightly. Patting my head he said grinning. "No need to thank me. It's all thanks to your effort. Now let's go and eat. Knowing you you must be really hungry by now."

As if on cue my stomach growled and I got embarrassed. He just laughed at it and went with me back into the dining room where everyone else already sat and waited for us. We took our seats and started eating while I told my parents proudly about the jutsu I learned. They smiled at me and nodded.

After finishing eating Damon and I left the house and walked through the village just enjoying the peaceful day. I asked him about his mission and he told me everything about it. When we came near the gate my brother suddenly stopped and observed our surroundings alerted. Confused I focused on it as well and sensed something dangerous. Fearing it's strength I turned to him. "Damy, can we go back home, please?"

Looking at me he said. "You go back and stay there. I will take a look on it."

Concerned I pleaded. "Please don't look for it. Walk home with me together, please!"

He smiled at me reassuringly. "Don't worry sis. I will be back after I examined it. I promise I will be careful. Just go back to mom and dad and wait."

Nodding reluctantly I turn around and ran to my home as fast as I could to get someone. Panting heavily I burst through the door. "Mom! Dad!"

Running towards me they ask. "Did something happen? Where is your brother?"

Shaken I told them everything and they both turned serious. "Rina, you'll stay here with your sister! We will leave and help Damon if needed."

My sister nodded and my parents disappeared. I was crying scared that something might happen. Rina picked me up and brought me into my room while comforting me. She sat down on the floor and kept me in her arms. Some time later we heard our parents shouting something and quickly ran to them. They were in the living-room and several medical ninjas surrounded someone on the ground. Realizing who it was I hurriedly got to him. My brother laid there bleeding heavily and looked to be in very much pain. Sensing me he asked. "(Y/n), I'm...sorry..."

I sobbed loudly. "D-don't s-speak Damy-y. Y-you need your pow-wer to re-recover."

Damon smiled faintly. "Please...come closer...I want...to see you...one last time...and warn you...sis."

I slowly walked up to him and knelt next to his head trying my best not to sob so much. "W-what do you m-mean?"

He slowly moved his hand towards me and I grabbed it tightly. He then used the last of his chakra to perform his jutsu and showed me a memory. It was about a man with long black hair, white skin and snake-like features. He was smiling cruelly. Then the image vanished and I was back in the room. Noticing the question in my brother's eyes I nodded in understanding. He smiled and asked me to be careful before his eyes closed forever. I cried bitterly with my brother's hand still in my own ones.

~~End of flashback~~

After telling my team about my brother everything goes quiet. Seeing their sad looks I say smiling. "You don't have to worry about it. He is still with me in my memories and in my heart like everyone else from my family."

Sasuke seems to be lost in his thoughts, probably thinking about his brother while Naruto thinks about something too and Sakura smiles at me. Ifri puts me on the ground and turns back into his small dragon form. He lays down around my shoulders. When I look back at my team they seem to be determined about something but I don't ask. Instead I remember why we are here. "Come on guys or we are going to be too late to participate in the next round!"

With that said we quickly continue our walk to the next stage.