Chapter Six

Songs for this chapter:

· Bike Scene by Taking Back Sunday

· Attack by 30 Seconds To Mars

· Coma White by Marilyn Manson

Don't Blame Me by Taylor Swift

Jade's POV

Three days had passed since I had last seen Liam and Harry, they had left the first night and never returned. It shouldn't have hurt me but it did. Liam and Harry had promised to pick me up.

I was set to be discharged within the hour and nobody was there at the hospital to pick me up. I knew that I would have to walk to my flat, but I was fine with that. Walking burned extra calories, and the hospital had surly been making sure that I ate foods with loads of calories. I hated it, I refused to eat my meals but they insisted that I did so. The hospital had been so cold, I was already cold all the time, but while I stayed those three days, I felt as if the cold had settled itself into my bones. I could not wait to leave the confides of the hospital and smoke myself a cigarette.

I slowly made my way off of the hospital bed. I gathered all my belongings and took a cigarette out of its pack, and placed it behind my left ear. As I had said before, I was craving a cigarette so badly.

There was a knock at the door so I walked across the room and opened it. There was a nurse at the door, I believe that her name was Jessica. She handed me the clipboard that was in her hands and I signed my signature. "We're all set, you're free to go. Best of health, Darling. "

"Thank you." I smiled.

She moved out of the way of the door and I walked out. I walked past the receptionist just to see if anyone was around to pick me up. But there was no one, which really wasn't anything new.

I walked through the double doors of the hospital and walked outside. The cold fall air hit me, and it immediately made my skin hurt. I took the cigarette from my ear and placed the filter between my lips. I took my lighter out of the right pocket of my jumper, I cupped my hand around the cigarette and lit it.

The first inhale was heavenly, instantly putting a smile on to my face. I exhaled and started walking. The campus was about 6 miles from the hospital, so I knew it would take me about 2 hours to walk. I plugged my ear buds into my phone, I placed them into my ears. I started scrolling down my list of songs and finally stopped on Attack by 30 Seconds To Mars. I started walking home, alone, cold and ever so empty inside.

Halfway home, I stopped by my dealers house and bought a 5 pills of Vicodin. I knew that I should not do drugs, but I wanted to be numb. I paid Carter the money that I had owed to him and placed them into my pocket. I left his rundown home and begun walking again.

I was seven blocks away from campus when I passed by a Starbucks. I was cold, shivering and I needed something warm. I walked inside of the café and went to the register. I ordered a small coffee, the less calories, the better in my opinion at least.

When the barista finished my order, I paid her and begun walking to the exit. Out of the corner of my right eye, I spotted a mop of brown curls. I turned my head, hoping that it wasn't who I thought it was, but obviously I was wrong.

Harry was sitting with a girl. It took me a minute to recognize her but once I did, it angered me. Her name was Samantha, and she was also known as a slag on campus. I turned my head to look at them and her eyes met mine. Samantha made her fake giggle, before She stood up and slammed her lips on to Harry's.

My mouth dropped open as she pulled away, my eyes started to water. So I ran, I ran outside just to get away from them. Harry must have noticed me because I heard him yell my name behind me, but I continued to run.

I just kept running until I found an alleyway. I hid in it and took the pills out of my pocket. I placed them on my tongue and swallowed them down with my coffee. After they finally made their way down my throat, I immediately smiled. I knew it would take a while for them to kick in, but at least I would be numb.

I turned back on my music and begun walking again, while trying to forget what I had seen in the cafe. It wasn't that I saw him kissing another girl that bothered me, it was that he and Liam had promised to picked me up. And where was Harry? Oh just making out with a slag while I walked in the snow.

I don't really know how long I had walked but I did know that the Vicodin had started to work because I started to feel sleepy. Maybe taking all 5 at once wasn't that good of an idea.

A black convertible pulled up beside me and rolled down its window. I immediately recognized it as Zayn and Damon, but at the moment I really didn't care. "Why are you out in the snow?" Zayn asked.

"I'm walking home from the hospital, my ride bailed on me." I replied.

"Well I can give you a ride back to your flat, if you want." I hesitated for a moment because I really didn't want to be around Damon after what he'd done to me, but eventually I gave in.

"If it isn't too much trouble. Would you please?"

"It's no problem, love. Climb in." Zayn replied with a smile.

I walked to the back door of the car and opened it. I climbed in and mumbled a "Thank you." Zayn took the car out of park and begun driving.

I scrolled through my list of songs on my phone and landed on 'Coma White by Marilyn Manson.' Perfect! I pressed play and the music begun playing in my headphones. My eyesight started becoming blurry, so I closed my eyes. And with the song playing in my ears I passed out.