Chapter 60 - Investigation

Start from the beginning

"Will she even be healed enough to go through initiation?" Another Person says before Josh speaks up.

"Quiet!" He raises his voice. "This is an issue we will deal with later on. Yes, we will speak about it collectively, but right now we have bigger issues that must be handled before we even get close to that point."

"I have a question." A woman who's name I don't know, speaks up. "What is this New York you speak of? Is it a place?"

"New York is an extremely, extremely old failed experiment that's population has been completely destroyed. It's liked to be joked as the old city trying to learn some new tricks. It's located near the east coast of the land that we are on and was formerly called America. They were one of the first experiments, but the Bureau of Genetic Welfare decided to not try to build it back up like all of the other cities that have failed. They decided it was too far away to be of use to them, so they let it go to never come back."

Josh takes a breath, then continues.

"It's very hard to understand, and even harder to explain because I don't completely understand it. But after the Bureau denied rebuilding their city, it's said that basically testosterone took over the whole city and the males went rampage, harming, abusing, and killing most of the female population in the process. Why they went rampage on the females, I honestly don't know."

He stops, looking like he's pondering on what to say.

"The city is absolutely sterile, from there being not one female left in the city to keep it growing. The men continue to kill each other, while the population has no way to expand. It's expected to be abandoned within the next decade, if not, less than."

He stops, looking around to see if anyone is going to comment, but everyone stays silent, so he continues.

"The Bureau had some kind of idea, oh, around maybe two or three years ago, to somehow bring the city back. They decided that maybe it would be of some use one day, and it had the potential of a good militaristic city, for the malevolent men that the city possesses. Somehow, that project fell through, and the city's population continues to decline."

"How many years has it been since Beatrice Prior was falsely pronounced dead?" One of the forensic scientist females that seconds as a minor leader asks.

"Almost four years ago." I answer.

"You said she knew about this city, New York?"

"Somehow, yes." I reply.

"I wonder, if the almost four years ago, her being taken to that building, or at least I assume they took her to that building after she was pronounced dead; I wonder if it being two or three years ago since the project to fix New York, somehow is coincidental to Beatrice Prior being pronounced dead within a year of its collapsing. Then, she comes back four years later and knows of this New York place. There has to be a tie in."

"This needs to be brought to Erudite, immediately." Josh stresses. "Jo, catch the next train there. Go to your forensic people there, and tell them everything. I'll be on the phone with Mark. This has to be put under investigation."

A/N-

Hi humans

Reads are dropping like mad.

Yeah, the fandom is dying.

It's upsetting.

I'm still here though, and I still love all of you that have stayed.

I may be updating closer to every other week, but that's not because of the fandom dying. That's just me being in head over heels with daily life.

I will plan for weekly once every weekend though.

Qotc's are done for now because I'm doing all of that fun over in my new bs book called Stop Sinking My Damn Boat. There's a whole lotta shit goin down over there that you don't wanna miss it.

66.7k reads!!

Alrighty!

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to...

Vote

And

Comment

And

Be brave because I <4 you all so much!

All the love,
Kat 💚💚