~Chapter 18~

~Chapter 18~

          I scowled at Matt again and moved my chair even further away. He was seriously pissing me off.

In case you're wondering why I was sitting next to him, it's because he had the teacher move Morgan, who usually sat next to me in the last class of the day, to a different seat so that he could sit next to me.

"Stop being an asshole." I whispered furiously at him. His cocky smile didn't change as he propped his head against his hand and continued to study me. Any other student would get in trouble for so blatantly ignoring the lesson, but of course no teacher would dare defy Matt.

Another thing that was getting on my nerves was the fact that my comments no longer brought up any fight in him. It's like a switch flipped in him that made him way more playful and flirty, wiping out the harsh part of him.

If I went too far or the pack was in mention, he would become all serious and cold, like I had brought up during our dinner, but it took a lot of effort to bring that part out of him now.

Trust me, I've been trying.

To prove a point to my inner self, I whispered to him, "I hate you."

"No, you don't." He said confidently, not even bothering to whisper. Before he found out about us being mates, he would've called me a bitch and said that he hated me also. That only reminded me of the false nature behind his actions.

"Anyways, you're hanging out with Andrea right? At Nick's Tomato?" He questioned me.

Rolling my eyes at him, I asked, "Why do you care?"

He shrugged and finally glanced away from me, a smirk playing at his lips. I let out a frustrated sigh and turned to the teacher.

            I was in the middle of watching New Girl on Netflix, when Andrea texted about going to the pizza place in town. I told her I'd meet her there in twenty minutes, taking ten minutes to get ready, five to finish the episode that I was on, and the remaining five to get to the restaurant and find her.

"Hey." I said, sliding into the booth across from her.

She looked up at me from her phone and set it down on the table, returning my greeting.  "What kind of pizza do you usually get?" She asked.

"Cheese." I answered, scanning the menu.

"Great, want to split a medium cheese?"

 "Sounds good. Let's get breadsticks also." I replied and looked up from the menu to see her nod. It was practically a crime in my book to get pizza and not some form of breadsticks or rolls.

The waiter came and took our drinks and our food order. "So, does Zach leave you alone now? I haven't noticed him around you since the first week of school." She asked.

"Yeah, Matt did something to scare him off. Thank god, he was such a creep."

"Actually, I think you having that little showdown with Matt in the cafeteria scared him off. He spent years trying to become friends with Matt and probably just didn't want to risk getting in his bad graces." Andrea said with an amused tone.

"Well at least Matt's good for one thing. That's probably the only good thing he's ever done for me." I chuckled to myself at the truth of my statement.