~Chapter 12~

#StayAtHomeAndDoNothingSaturday

                                                              ~Chapter 12~ 

                On the verge of blacking out, my control over my wolf slipped. Red rage weaved its way through my black vision, like a fire finally reaching the fuel it needed to light, and I felt the tingling sensation of my body changing.

 I still remembered all the feelings that had resulted from my first shift. Pain had spread through my body and I honestly thought I was dying. I was also incredibly confused as to what was going on.

After that, shock had set in and I finally realized what exactly had happened. Then came the fear of my own parents.

The pain had gone away, but the fear never had.

“Happy birthday, baby.” My mom said, reaching over the dining table and giving me a rare hug. My dad smiled affectionately and left the room to get my presents as me and my mom started to eat my triple layer chocolate cake.

“Since you already have a car, I decided to give you the next thing any teenage girl would want.” My dad said as he came back into the room and slipped a thick wad of cash into my hands.

“And then I got you a real present.” My mom chuckled, sliding a neatly wrapped box across the table.

That day seemed perfect. I had spent it with my friends and then I had come home to be with my parents and take advantage of their rare affection. I felt like nothing could ruin something as good as this.

But all good things come to an end.

“What-what’s going on?” I cried out, gripping my stomach as I fell from the chair, my hands still tightly gripping the cash that my dad had given me earlier.

The pain came like a tidal wave crashing over me. I kept trying to surface for air but I was continually pulled back under.

Through my hazy vision, I could see my parents staring at me in shock and horror.

“Mom?” I whimpered, my throat burning with that one word. She just shook her head with her hand to her mouth, still shocked. My dad snapped out of it first and his mouth set into a grim, straight line.

Somehow, through all that was going on, I managed to stumble out the door and away from the house.

And then I ran.

 Snapping out of my memories, I felt a grim satisfaction at releasing all the tension my wolf had been carrying around since that last time I had shifted.

As soon as my wolf came out, all my primal instincts were pushed forward and my body was taken over. I wasn’t exactly sure what happened, I just knew that one second I was being attacked and the next I was attacking.

I felt like I was floating in a dream, slipping in and out of a daze. My senses finally came back to me, along with a strange tugging sensation.

As my vision finally settled and cleared, I found myself standing a good distance away from all of them. They had all fully shifted as well and the one whom I guessed was Jessica was holding her injured foreleg protectively to her chest.

 My chest was heaving up and down heavily and I could feel a horrible pain in my leg, but I paid no attention to any of these things. My gaze was now firmly fixed on the person standing off to the side of everything.