Getting the Letter

Annabeth was nervously pacing back and forth around the living room, waiting for the mail to arrive. "Come on, come on, come on!" She repeated over and over again. Nothing was never more nerve racking waiting for this letter.

"Anna, you're giving me a headache," Piper groaned rubbing her temples and closing her eyes. "Slow down and calm down." She said sitting back, keeping her eyes closed.

"You're going to burn a hole in the floor." Thalia joked with a smile, as Annabeth stopped and looked at her four friends.

Hazel started to twist her brown curly hair around her finger. "The suspense is killing me." She said with frustration in her voice.

"You? Its killing me!" Annabeth exclaimed plopping down on the couch and leaning back, slouching.

"Proper posture," Fred remembered his daughter, looking at her, who sat up properly.

"Its killing all of us." Hazel corrected with a sigh. She hated waiting, they all hated it, especially for this letter.

"Clam down, I'm sure it will be fine!" Reyna told her, sitting back and crossing her arms.

"How can I calm down when my whole future depends on this." Annabeth told them. "My onw and only chance to find love!"

"Pfft, you know that's not true." Piper said. "They're are plenty of guys that would just love you!"

"Yeah, Annabeth," Hazel agreed. "I could name off a bunch of guys that would love to date you."

Annabeth sighed and laced her hands through her hair. "And if I don't get I know I wasn't chosen."

"Which is fine by you?" Piper chimed in before Annabeth could finish her sentence. Annabeth just nodded in agreement.

"I'm being silly, what royal in their right mind would choose me out of the million of girls here." Annabeth told herself to make herself feel a little better about losing.

"No you're not." Reyna butted in, taking Annabeth's hands. "Of they chose you, its because they like who you are, not anything else."

"Or its completely fate." Piper said taking her fingers through her hair. "Like they put all the names in a container and pull random ones out, like The Hunger Games."

"Only without the killing." Hazel added, earning a nod from everyone in the room and a rustle of the news paper from Fred.

Athena walked in then door with a handful of mail. Going through each letter and looking at where it came from and who it was addressed to.

Annabeth jumped up off the couch. "Is it there?" She asked breathlessly.

Athena looked at her daughter and handed her the letter. "Here it is." She said with a smile.

Annabeth ripped it open and began to read. Piper, Hazes Reyna and Thalia gathered behind and looked over her shoulder at the letter.

Annabeth's eyes widened as she read it. "Holy Hera!" She exclaimed jumping up and down. "Mom! Dad! Piper! Lia! Haze! I got in! I got into the selection!"

"Congratulations Anna!" Her mother praised with a huge smile giving her a hug. "My Aphrodite bless this selection for you."

"Congrats girl!" Thaila said hugging her, followed by Piper, Reyna and Hazel.

"If any of those boys hurt your heart," he said hitting his fist into the palm of his hand. "I don't even care if they are royalty, no one hurts my Annabeth."

She giggled shaking her head. "Oh father, I just can't believe it!" She sighed walking over  to the couch and picking up her favorite picture of her and her family.