26. Dating Dylan

Saturday September 4

Maya's P.O.V.

 Despite my unsureness, I smile at Dylan, "Yes Dylan.  I loved to be your girlfriend!"  Ok, so it isn't completely the truth, but it isn't completely a lie either.  It's not that I don't want to be with him not at all, it's just there's still that part of me that wants to hold out for Jason, but then there's the part that just wants to be with Dylan.  I really need to get my head and my heart straight.

Dylan smiles at me and takes my hand in his.  Wow, he's not wasting anytime in going public.  This seems nice so far, I guess.  It could be worse, couldn't it?  At least nothing bad has happened, yet..

Evelyn comes back with our drinks and gives us some more time to decide what we want to eat.  "So are you ready to start doing that favor for me, Jason?" Dylan asks.

"Oh right.  I almost forgot about that.  Um..  Yeah I guess I'm ready.  Do I have to do anything special first?"

"Not really.  For soccer your going to have to first get the stuff you need to play..  for my band you should already be prepared and modeling is basically just listening to what they say."

"Ok cool.  When do I start?"

"Soccer is every other day so this week it'll be Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and then next week it'll be Tuesday and Thursday and it just keeps switching off and on like that.  Modeling is every Monday and Thursday.  Band practice is every Tuesday and Friday leaving you with Wednesday as your only free day..sometimes when it isn't soccer that day."

"Oh."

Dylan laughs.  "Yeah, it's a bit much isn't it?"

"Just a tad bit."

"How's that going to work though?" Trish asks looking at Jason.

"What do you mean how is it going to work?" he asks her.

"Well, you have schoolwork and basketball and now all that other stuff.  How are you going to do it all?" she asks while gently touching his arm.

Normally I would save she's flirting with him, but I can just see that she truly cares.  Huh.  Doesn't she have the reputation for being one of the biggest flirts in our school?

"Don't worry.  I'll be fine," Jason assures her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'll manage."

Evelyn returns to our table and all of us tell her our orders before continuing our conversations. 

"Oh!  I just remembered!  Guess what?"

Jason, Dylan, and me look at each other.

"What?" Jason asks.

"Our school council just decided yesterday that we're having a dance in two weeks!"

"How do you know this?" I ask her.

"She's the president of the school council," Jason answers.

Dylan and I both exchange looks.  I didn't see that coming.  Not that she seems to lack school spirit, it's just she doesn't seem to be too thrilled about school, but then again who really is?

"What kind of a dance is it?" Jason asks kindly.

"It's a masquerade!  Our very first one!"

Masquerade?  I've never been one to be fawned of dances, but a masquerade?  Definitely not.  Hopefully Dylan won't ask me to go with him..  If he does I'm going to have to find a dress and teach myself how to dance.

"A masquerade.. " Jason says thinking it over.  "I like it."

She smiles, "I thought you would.  So are you guys going as a couple?"

Dylan turns and looks at me, trying to figure out what I'm thinking.  "I'm not really in to dances but if you are we could go...  Only if you want to of course."

"Nah..  I'm not really into dances either."

"Aw!  You guys should come!  It'll be a lot of fun, I promise."

"We'll think about it," Dylan replies trying to make it sound like we might still go, which we probably won't.

Does this mean that she's going with Jason?  Or are they going with different people?  It sounds like they're both going..

"Are you guys going together?"

Jason and Trish face each other and to my and Dylan's surprise they don't even say a word to each other, but come to a conclusion.  "Yeah, we're going together," Jason says while smiling at Trish.

That was so cute!  How did that happen though?  They just looked at each other and automatically knew the answer.  That's something I want one day.  Where I don't have to always say something or make a gesture, but my significant other just knows.  Is it possible that that boy is Jason?  No.  No..  Don't think like that Maya, you've got a boyfriend now and it isn't him.

Sequel???