7. Regrets

Wednesday September 1

Jason's P.O.V.

I really regret hitting Dylan in the face and causing him to pass out.  I didn't mean to go that far.  I just wanted him to know to back off and leave Maya alone.  I sort of feel bad for hitting him, but yet I don't.  I mean he had it coming.  He knows not to mess with me, but he does anyway.

I really don't know what Maya thinks of me now.  She probably thinks that I'm some violent jerk.  Man, I messed up big time.  I can't even go see her now or even leave the house.  My parents decided to ground me for two weeks and I'm suppose to apologize to Maya and Dylan.  Grr..I hate my life!!

Maya's P.O.V.

I wake up to the sound of knocking on the front door to my house.  I groan and put my pillow over my head to block out the noise.  It doesn't work, so I decide to get up and see who it is.  I turn over so I can read my clock.  It's 6 a.m. and my bus doesn't get here until 7!  Who in the world could be knocking at the door.  Just as I get up, the knocking stops.  Figures.  As soon as I get out of my comfortable and warm bed, the person runs off. 

Hmm..Should I go downstairs and see who was knocking?  Shouldn't my parents have answered the door?  Oh right, my parents can sleep through anything.  One time I fell down the stairs and screamed and my parents didn't wake up, and the stairs are right next to their bedroom.  Their bedroom actually shares a wall with the stairs!  Of course, they have slept through several thunderstorms, sirens, and other stuff like that. 

I finally made up my mind.  I walk over to a chair sitting in my room next to my desk where m robe is draped over it.  I slowly pull on my robe and pull my hair out of my way.  I then tie the robe shut and head downstairs.  The only reason I'm heading downstairs is because it might be an emergency like someone's house being on fire and them needing to use our phone. 

When I get downstairs, I walk over to one of the windows in our living room right near our front door.  I carefully and slowly pull back the curtain, not knowing what to expect.  I peek through and see nothing.  I pull the whole curtain out of my way, and look around.  Still nothing.  That's weird.  I push the curtain back in place and walk back over to the front door. 

I look through the little hole in the door.  There's no one standing on the other side of the door.  I unlock the door and warily open it.  It's all nice and calm outside and it makes me feel so safe.  The entire development is quite except for the quiet chatter of birds.  A few houses have their lights on, but for the most part, everyone else is still asleep.  I look down and that's when I notice it.  There's a bouquet of flowers sitting right in front of me with a note hanging off to the side.  They're are about a dozen of pretty red roses all wrapped up.  I smell the flowery scent coming off of them.

I bend down and pick up the flowers while glancing around.  There's still no one except me outside.  I take them back inside with me and shut and lock the door.  I walk into the kitchen and put the roses into a vase with some water and set the flowers on the counter.  I gently take the note off.

Dear Maya,

                 I really hope that you dont' think I'm a jerk.  I know what I did to Dylan was wrong.  I just..I don't know.  I see the way he looks at you and it makes me so jealous.  I understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore.  I'm also sorry that I ruined last night.  We were having so much fun and then I ruined it all.  

                                                                Sincerely,