Chapter Sixteen: Practice Makes Perfect

“Hey, it’s Connor, whose this?”

            “Oh, hi. Um, it’s Mandy-Hannah’s friend from Arizona.”

            “Oh yeah, hey! What’s up?”

            “Nothing really. We were thinking about doing the tour.”

            “Your band?”

            “Yup, we think it would be fun.”

            “Sweet. The tour will be the first two weeks of April. Did you get a chance to look at the flier?”

            “Yeah, I looked at it. So, is there anything else I should know?”

            “Not really, just make sure you guys get here a few hours before the show at seven so we can discuss everything. We’ll probably have you guys first on the lineup if that’s okay.”

            “That’s fine. Just text or email me the address and we’ll be there!”

            “Alright, I will. Have you guys ever toured before?”

            “Nope.”

            He laughed. “That’s okay, we’re rookies too. So, I guess we’ll see you guys then?”

            “Sounds good. Oh, and how long will our set time be?”

            “Around thirty minutes or maybe a little less.”

            “’Kay thanks, I’ll talk to you later.”

            “See ya!”

            I hung up the phone and set it on the counter. I had just finished talking to Connor, and had confirmed the tour. We were all set. The only problem was: none of us had ever toured before. I just prayed that this wouldn’t turn into a complete disaster.

            “Hey, kiddo,” John tapped me on the back.

            “Hey,” I turned around and saw him holding a bag from Subway.

            “Lunch,” he explained and put it on the table. “So, who were you talking to?”

            “Oh, Connor-Hannah’s cousin from Florida. We’re gonna do a tour with them.”

            “Whoa, slow down. Who said you could go on a tour?”

            “I already talked with dad and he said it wasn’t a problem,” I put my hands on my hips, not seeing why he was so concerned.

            “That’s not even on the same side of the U.S.,” he complained.

            “Well, it’s over spring break and…” I trailed off.

            “Spring break in Florida? What are you thinking?” he shook his head.

            “How am I supposed to know?” I tried not to raise my voice. “I’ve spent my whole freaking entire life in Arizona; I think it’s about time I got away from this desert.”

            “I understand, but I don’t think it’s a good idea,” he unfolded his sandwich.

            I sat down next to him and grabbed mine. “Why not?”