Ëthia: Chapter 28 ~Seviah~

It was dark both inside and outside of the carriage and all three of us were crushed together in a laying down position. I was stuck in the middle of both Jarom and Dax while the captain drove the carriage closer and closer to the Emperors palace.

It was odd, getting closer to the man who gave the okay for my family to be slaughtered, one part of me felt completely numb while the other part of me felt rage, anger, and wanted revenge.

When I talked to my mother she didn't seem angry or full of rage, in fact she seemed like she was full of love and understanding, so if she could do it I guess I could be a little more forgiving.

We went over a bump and all of us hit our heads against the ceiling of this incredibly small prisoner carriage. There was only enough room for about two people to lay down and there was three of us crushed in here, it was taking a toll on all of us.

Our breathing only made things worse, the air was now hot and muggy, considering that that air holes were incredibly small and basically did nothing for us.

One of my arms was pinned under me and I tried moving it which only made things worse.

"Stop moving around" Jarom insisted, "You're making things worse" He said coldly.

I stopped trying to remove my arm from under me and just let it be.

The ride to the palace seemed to take forever, I hated being in this carriage and was starting to look forward to being a dungeon with more space.

We went up a steep hill and all of our heads slid to the back of the carriage and softly hit it.

"Good thing we are all compact" Dax commented, "Otherwise we would of went flying towards the back".

Eventually the ground leveled out and we were no longer pressed up against the back of the carriage.

We have to be close.

Soon the carriage slowed down and came to a stop.

"What is it you have there?" A voice from outside shouted down to the carriage.

"Prisoners" The captain replied.

Suddenly it went quiet and then the next voice happened right by the carriage, "We haven't had anyone tell us about prisoners being dropped off".

I could tell that Jarom and Dax became a little tenser in the carriage worried that something could go completely wrong, and I was right there with them.

"That's because these prisoners were just captured and they need- "

The captain was instantly cut off by the man who watched the gate, "Rules are rules, if you didn't warn the palace ahead of time I can't let you through".

The captain instantly used his authority, "I am a captain appointed by the Emperor, how dare you tell me the rules of what I can and cannot do, let me pass or I will have you brought before the Emperor".

There was another moment of silence and I assumed the man at the gate was thinking about what the captain had told him.

"Let them pass" The man shouted away from the carriage.

The captain hopped back on the carriage and slowly the carriage began moving forward.

We could hear a squeaky sound that sounded as if something hadn't been oiled, I was assuming it was the gate that was being lifted up.

Suddenly the ground smooth out and we must have been on marble or some fine material.

"We are on the Emperor's property" Dax said being very impressed with himself.

The Water Princess: ËthiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara