Ëthia: Chapter 24 ~We Got This~

Once again, I am so sorry it's taking forever for me uploading these chapters! Thanks for sticking with it though! It mean's a lot!!

Ëthia's P.O.V.

"At least she's not dead"

"Of course she isn't dead, Ivan!"

"Give her some space she doesn't need all of you surrounding her"

"Jarom, you're such a good person, I wish other people could be like that"

"It's not my fault!"

"You know we could have won that battle much quicker had you just stayed out of the way"

"That was completely uncalled for".

My eyes slowly opened and sunlight flooded into my eyes blinding me momentarily, I let them adjust and looked around me to see that Ivan, Jarom, Felicity, and Dax were all surrounding me.

Gently I lifted myself off the ground and came to a sitting position, the back of my head immediately began to throb and Jarom rushed to my side and pulled me in.

"You shouldn't be up and about so soon, Ëthia" Jarom said and I could feel the vibrations of his voice against me.

"I don't have a choice, we have to keep going and we need to go now" I reminded him. "If we don't leave now then we never will be able to get to the Fire Empire, this place is already about to be on lockdown or whatever, we need to move quickly".

I gently pushed away from Jarom and stood up quickly only to find myself extremely dizzy and falling back to the ground with Jarom to catch me.

"Ëthia, we have been traveling for days, the boat to get to the Empire is just a few moments of a walk away". Jarom said to me as I rested against him.

Felicity made her way over and stood by me looking down, her strawberry blonde long curls fell from her head as if they were a waterfall, "You were asleep for almost three days, you need water and food".

"Felicity" I said with happiness, "It's so good to see you"

Felicity had an immense smile appear on her face and she thanked me graciously, "Well we are basically sisters, we need to be there for each other".

She turned and walked to find me something to eat and drink while Ivan took his turn and walked over to me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked with pain in his voice

I observed him closer and noticed that he had some slight bruising on his face and that his eyes were full of concern, I didn't know Ivan, not at all, but I knew that he truly was a generous person.

"I feel like the better question to ask is if you're alright" I directed towards him.

Ivans gaze broke from mine and he looked away, "I've been better, much better" He admitted and got quiet.

Jarom held me so that my head was resting on his chest while his legs acted as a barrier for me and that nothing could break past that barrier. His arms were wrapped around my waist which gave off a very warm feeling that made me feel comfortable, more than I'd like to admit.

I looked back up at Ivan and reached my hand up towards him, "Ivan, thank you for defending what is right, I know it must of been a hard choice for you, considering those were your guards, but I am truly grateful for what you did"

Ivan's facial expression instantly changed to confusion and he looked at me like I was a mad man, "You're not mad at me?" He questioned.

A little laugh escaped from me and I shook my head, "How could I be mad at you after what you did a few days ago?"