Ëthia: Chapter 36 ~Canons~

No matter how much I tried shaking it, I couldn't, I felt like a terrible person.

I killed the only person Seviah knew, the only person she ever had a connection with, the person who she had shared her life with.

The moment it happened I felt nothing, when I first got to the ship with the captain I felt nothing, and now...

Now, my heart not only hurts for myself, but it hurts for Seviah, and soon, I'm sure, it'll hurt for Ivan.

We'd been on the ship for about four days and we'd be approaching the Earthern Territory in the morning, much to late if one was to ask me.

The first time on the ship it was full of so much life, so much hope, and so much love. Now it seems that this ship was a floating reminder of how different things were. How Jarom wasn't here, how I'd just murdered someone who was protecting his family, how I hurt a friend, and how it seems I'll continue to hurt more people.

I leaned on the rail looking at the magnificent sunset that was taking place.

Somewhere, I hope someone who is as lost as me is finding there way, is finding joy and happiness.

"I'm a pathetic excuse for a princess" I mumbled to myself.

"No, you're not" Seviah said as she approached me.

Seviah was wearing a long, loose, red dress with a golden belt, her long, straight, black hair blew in the wind and she gently held onto the small ruby necklace that hung from her neck.

"How are you?" Seviah sweetly asked.

How did she want me to respond? 'Great! I just killed your father a few days ago and lost my lover?' Why was she being so kind?

"I'm surviving" I replied to her.

"Surviving" She repeated, "I know exactly what you mean".

Seviah and I locked eyes and there seemed to be a language that her and I both seemed to know, it was the language of loss and hurt, loneliness and sorrow, and oddly, betrayal.

"I don't hate you" Seviah said grabbing one of my hands, "I'm hurt, and I wish it wouldn't have happened" She said as a tear fell down her face, "But I know you didn't do it on purpose."

"Seviah, I don't... I can't even begin to...I simply just..."

Tears were falling tremendously from Seviah and I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to say, so I just stood there and Seviah took over.

"Even if you were to have killed him, you weren't killing him to just get a kill, you were doing it because you were protecting your friends, your colony, and your love"

Seviah turned around and began to walk away, with out wasting a moment I turned to grab her arm and pulled her in for a hug.

Seviah let all the tears and sadness escape her body in those moments. She sobbed into me as if she could literally just push all the pain and hurt out of her, she didn't want to be sad, she probably wasn't so used to this emotion.

I held her tightly as a few tears fell from my face, not for me, but for the distress that she was going through, I knew of this pain much too well.