Ëthia: Chapter 1 ~The Truth~

Quickly running down the blue carpet that covered the stairs Ëthia knew she was late to breakfast once again, she got to the bottom and a guard greeted her as she ran by him. Ëthia stopped quickly in front of a mirror to make sure she looked alright, she had picked her hair out and her fro was in a perfect circle it seemed like, she brushed off a few hairs that were on her, then she lifted up her dark blue dress to make sure her silver slippers went well with them. Her dark skin, as did all waterbenders have, seemed to go perfectly with the dress, lastly she looked at her navy blue eyes to make sure she didn't have any sign of crust around them and continued on her way to the dining room.

She walked rapidly through the long hallways that seemed to have no end only when you were in rush, she passed a few servants who all greeted her and some even complimented her dress.

Ëthia's dress hugged from the shoulders to the waist, and from there was relaxed, it had a white trim around the sleeves and around the bottom of the dress.

Turning the corner and going past the main entrance Ëthia had finally reached the dining room, she walked in and immediately took her place at the end of the table.

The dining room was extremely immense and had high ceilings, there was large ribbons that went from one side of the ceiling to the other in many different shades of blue, there was large windows that showed the back gardens and let the morning sunlight into the room.

"You're late once again", Kiara said from the other side of the table.

"Why are you sitting over there?" Ëthia replied trying to change the subject.

"The sunlight was bothering me a little, just like the fact that you're always late for breakfast bothers me" Kiara stated as she poured some milk out of a tin container and into her porridge.

Ëthia got up and went over and sat down in the chair closest to Kiara. "Listen, I'm sorry that I've got this bad habit of not being down here on time, but after all I am the princess and royalty is never late"

Kiara looked up and smiled. "Even though you're a princess you still have much to learn before you can be in total control of everything you do, first you must learn how to take orders before you give them"

Ëthia rolled her eyes in a playful manner and laughed.

A servant came out and put down a bowl of porridge in front of Ëthia. "Here you go Princess"

"Why thank you so much" Ëthia replied.

"You're welcome" She answered back. "By the way you look lovely Kiara"

Kiara was wearing the same style dress as Ëthia with the fact that hers was mainly yellow with a light blue trimming. Kiara's hair was long straight and black and her dark skin was a tad bit lighter than Ëthia's.

"Thank you" Kiara replied.

Ëthia and Kiara ate the rest of their breakfast with small conversation of how the day was going to be planned out, soon after Kiara had to go and make sure things were going as planned. Ëthia sat there for a few moments and then got up and walked over to go look out one of the large windows.

She ended up looking at the gardens considering they were the only thing that you could easily see. The garden consisted of little streams and colorful flowers that ran along the side of them, some servants were tending to the fruit trees that grew there and others were standing on the side having a little conversation about something simple she assumed.

Something moved in her peripheral vision and she looked to the left and saw Jarom, he was with a group of other boys who came to the palace to take waterbending lessons, she knew this because they always came every day except on days that an event was going on, and also do to the fact that they were wearing the traditional fighting clothes which was a basic blue vest with nothing under it, and loose dark blue pants. Ëthia tried getting his attention by waving but he was too busy talking with the other boys.