Ëthia: Chapter 45 ~Stranger~

I stood at the top of the staircase, a little off to side, holding onto the railing and looking down below.

This was it, this was my last day as a princess.

All the servants were busy running around, putting up streamers, flowers in vases, getting musicians situated, cleaning things for the hundredth time, getting the gardens ready, attending to me, and trying to make every little thing as perfect as they could.

They were much appreciated.

Ever since I woke up it seemed as if the day kept speeding by without considering how I felt.

And I felt amazing.

"Ëthia!" Felicity said with excitement, "Come on! We have to get you ready!"

The sun had past the half way mark in the sky and the ceremony was just a while away, I really had lost track of time.

Felicity, Seviah, and Kiara, all came up to me and began to pull me to my bedroom with excitement.

"I can't believe this is happening." I joyfully said.

"That you're going to be united?!" Felicity squealed back at me.

Kiara shot Felicity a friendly look, "How were you able to make that noise?"

Felicity laughed, "I'm not sure! I'm just very excited to be in this moment!"

Kiara, Seviah, and Felicity, all wore the same style dress, mostly because Felicity was more than happy to plan the whole thing. The dresses hugged up top and relaxed from the waist down. A thin golden rope went around everyones waist, it was simple, yet beautiful. Kiara's dress was light blue, Seviah's was a royal red, and Felicity's was a light gray.

"I can't wait for you to see the dress!" Felicity said as we neared my bedroom door.

Seviah and Kiara laughed at the excitement Felicity showed and I'm sure they were more than happy that someone was taking charge of this situation.

We entered my room and my eyes immediately saw the gorgeous dress that lay on my bed.

Felicity looked intensely at my reaction and was satisfied at how I was taken back by the beauty of it.

The dress was a true blue, but had a hint of green in it, almost like the ocean. The sleeves would hang down from my elbows once the dress was on. The top of the dress would hang from the shoulders, and there was a blue thread that would go around my waist. I moved closer to the dress and I noticed there was a sparkle to it.

I turned around and looked at Felicity, "It's sparkling" I said with amazement.

Felicity walked up to me, "I didn't want to over do it, but yes, there are sparkles on it."

She quickly walked to the right side of the bed and bent down to pick up something, "These will go wonderfully with it." She said holding up some blue slippers that matched the dress color.

Kiara gave me a big smile, "I've never seen something so gorgeous in my life."

I turned my gaze back on the dress and leaned down to touch it.

"How is it this soft?!" I asked with excitement, this was truly becoming exciting.

"Isn't it wonderful!?" Felicity replied, "And it's so light, it'll flow in the wind, and when you dance the dress will be like the water, just flowing with your every move."