Ëthia: Chapter 10 ~ A Lie Does Wonders~

**Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to get this chapter up, I've been pretty busy lately with the new job and everything. Remember to vote for the story and recommend it if you like it to your Friends**

Xrin and his nephews were still asleep, the sun hadn't risen quite yet but Xrin wanted to get a head start on the day.

Soon the first morning beam shined on Xrin's face and woke him up. He leaned forward and looked at the scenery that was in front of him, he had to admit, it was a site to see.

He stood up, went to his horse and pulled out something to snack on.

A little ways in the distance Xrin could hear a river rushing by, he found his way over to the river and stood there. He looked at the water and smiled.

He knelt down by the river and put his hands over it, close enough to where he could feel the cool air the river made, but not touching it.

Slowly the river began to freeze.

Xrin then stood up and looked at the frozen river, he put one foot on it and began to walk over it.

He smiled a sincere smile and just enjoyed his surroundings.

Xrin began to think to himself, this was the kind of thing his mother and him used to do all the time before she left them both.

He missed his mother, his missed her a lot. It was only a five years ago that his mother left him.

He thought about how she would teach him neat tricks on how to bend water and how to grow plants, she was truly a mother worth keeping.

Xrin then began to dwell on the anger he had for his mother, he was so mad at her, for leaving him, just abandoning him.

'Your father isn't who he used to be' He remembered her saying to him, 'If I took you with me he would look for me, he wouldn't stop until he found you'.

He began to clinch his fist's, the frozen river started to thaw out and Xrin still didn't move.

Tears of anger fell down his face and they seemed to burn a little as they fell, 'It's because of you mother" Xrin spoke out loud, "It's because of you that I can't love"

Xrin walked off the melting river, turned around and unfroze the rest of it.

He walked back to the group of boys who were still sleeping, "GET UP!' Xrin shouted at the boys.

They all hesitated which only made Xrin extremely angry, "I said get up!" He yelled once again.

The nephews all got up.

Xrin looked at them, they were tired, looked awful, and were obviously irritated with him, "Something the matter boys?"

The nephews didn't speak up, they just let Xrin yell at them.

"That's what I thought" Xrin said. "Now, I saw some berries down by the river, they should go well with the things that you guys brought to snack on, it should also hold us over until we come to the next town".

Xrin then turned away from the boys and began to walk in the opposite direction of the river.

"I don't get why he is mean to us" Cayman the second oldest brother spoke, "We are the ones helping him"

Keyon looked at him, "He isn't going to be happy until we kill the princess, or make her be united with him, until then, suck it up"

"You can't talk to me like Keyon, I'm your older brother" Cayman said.