Ëthia: Chapter 2 ~ True Colors~

"Get over here !" Xrin's father yelled.

Their home was at the edge of town, it was immense, extravagant, and well attended to. But it wasn't enough. In this certain household it never was, there was always more things that they could have, that could better their lives, they "deserved more" as Xrin's father would put it.

Xrin quickly went to his father, "Yes Father?"

"Just who do you think you are, running off and playing games, we don't get what we want by playing games" His father directed.

"Sorry Father"

Xrin's Father was tall, his skin tone was extremely dark, and he very strong. He had an attitude about him that made Xrin feel like he never was quite good enough no matter what he did.

"I don't want your sorries, I want your commitment, I need you to focus on this, this is our only chance to have the life the we deserve, now sit"

Their home was very spacious, in the current room they were in there was windows on the ceilings, burning lamps all over the room, and the seats were covered with animal fur, a big wooden staircase lead up to another floor in which a balcony looked down at the current floor. Book shelves acted as the walls it seemed like considering he had an abundance of books.

"You need to understand this son, she won't commit to this if she hates you, trust me, women will only be united for love, not for sense." His father spoke.

"Father, she is in love with that peasant Jarom" Xrin said.

"Then get rid of him! It's not hard, you've beat him before, you've always beaten him, get him out of the way" His Father instructed. "Besides, even if she does love him she knows she can't be with him. He isn't royalty, and we are the closest thing to it, we are noblemen, there is no other young men that would be suitable for her besides you, unless she prefers to be united with a man who is almost of age to die"

Xrin sat there soaking in what his father said. Xrin hated Ëthia and hated Jarom even more, he didn't see why he couldn't just kill him, then a thought came to him. "But If I kill him, I won't be able to control her"

Xrin's father took a different demeanor, he seemed interested, amazed, and a bit proud of the idea, "What did you say?"

"If I kill him, I won't be able to control her" Xrin said as he stood up, "But If I keep him alive, I can threaten her with him, she won't want him hurt, I know it"

Xrin's father walked over to him and put his hand on his shoulder, "Son, I think you've finally got it in you" His father turned and walked to the staircase which wasn't far from them, "Your Nephews will be here today, maybe you can stop by the princess and let your nephews deliver a message to Jarom, I think he will understand clearly what we mean".

Shortly after his father went up the stairs, his nephews arrived, four of them, Berko, Cayman, Keyon, and Zaire.

"Glad you've made it, I have some work for you to do, something that I think you'll do well in" Xrin said, and sat them down.