Ëthia: Chapter 16 ~ A Different Situation~

** Hope you all are enjoying the story so far, glad to see some new readers joining in! Please leave a comment or just vote, thanks for getting this far!**

Ëthia's P.O.V.

"You could stop with all the humming" I suggested to Dax as he hummed softly.

Dax looked at me with a blank expression, "What else do you suggest doing?"

"I don't know, but you've been humming for the past three days" I told him with irritation.

"Humming is the least of your worries" Dax stated, "We've only been in this forest three days and we still have the rest of our lives in here to look forward to".

I couldn't believe that I was stuck in this forest with Dax, there were times where he was actually funny and a joy to be around, and then there is the rest of the time where he is annoying and I'm pretty sure I could punch him in the face and not care.

He continued with his humming and I decided that if I was going spend the rest of my life here that I should just put up with it.

Dax and I both were slowly giving up hope, I could sense it from him and I knew it was coming from me as well. This forest was so huge and massive and we were trying to track down our friends and find our way out of here, I don't even know if that's physically possible.

Jarom and Felicity are out there somewhere and who knows what could be happening to them, they could be starving, cold, miserable, or maybe they found a way out of here.

How long would it be until Dax and I found our way out of this forest? How long would it be until we saw another person? How much longer can we do this?

My stomach started to grumble and I looked at Dax who looked right back at me.

"I know, me too" He said holding his stomach.

Dax and I had gotten lucky and found a patch of blackberries that we had devoured, other than that we've had nothing else to eat. Getting water wasn't a problem considering that we could just pull it from the air, but still if we didn't find food Dax and I wouldn't be going much further in our journey.

We kept walking forward, looking ahead and hoping that one of our friends would appear, that anyone would appear, or that something of great importance would appear.

"Ëthia" Dax said as he rushed over to me and caught me.

I didn't even realize it but I had been stumbling and soon my legs gave out.

Dax stood there holding me and then sat on the ground as my head rested on his leg.

"Are you okay?" Dax said warmly.

This was most certainly one of the moments where I was very grateful for having Dax around. He was still annoying and for the most part I couldn't stand him, but at the same time he was sweet, he was respectful, and he most certainly was considerate of others.

One part of me wanted to stay there and lay on him, to just enjoy the moment, but the other part of me knew that if Jarom were here he wouldn't be too approving of this.

I started to lean up when Dax stopped me, "Woah Princess, you are in no physical state to be moving".

I looked up at Dax as I rested my head back down on his leg, "And just what do you suggest doing?"

Dax looked up into the afternoon sky and smiled, "Well I don't know about you but I don't think we are actually set on any certain place, we are just walking around this forest without a direction or destination"