Ëthia: Chapter 43 ~My Queen~

From the moment people found out about the engagement the whole colony seemed to have cheered up. People appeared to be kinder, more patient, and much more unified.

All because of an engagement.

"A chief's son?" One of my servants asked me, "Does that mean he is wilder, more adventurous?" She said with eagerness.

Many of the servants were gathered around me as I sat on the front lawn, nothing could draw their attention away from me.

I smiled, "He is certainly adventurous, and from where he is from there is no castle, there are no gardens, villages, or anything like that, but he is kind, and strong, and will make a great king."

It seemed that almost everyday someone had to hear about the story of how I was uniting with a chief's son.

Of course, many didn't approve, especially the new judges who had been appointed. Many of them had sons my age who were handsome, strong, popular with the people, and have been around the colony.

But uniting with Dax was something that made sense to me, he knew where I was coming from, he saw me at one of the most challenging parts of my life, and he was there to comfort me when I lost a huge part of my life.

Jarom would want this.

Days continued to move forward, and the ceremony was only three days away.

A knock on the door sounded.

"Enter." I permitted while I sat on my bed, closing the book I was reading.

"Your majesty," A tall handsome servant addressed, "The King and Queen from the Earthern Territory have arrived."

I jumped off the bed and darted into the hallway, causing the servant to move out of my way.

Seviah was in the hallway and looked at me like I was crazy.

"Ivan and Felicity are here!" I shouted to her.

Seviah had a huge smile appear and she joined me as I ran down the stairs and to the front entrance.

The guards saw my enthusiastic run and quickly opened the doors for me.

Waiting in front of a golden carriage stood Ivan, who was dressed in a silky green shirt that was outlined with gold trim, and Felicity, who wore a flowing dress that matched the color green that Ivan wore. Felicity had a golden crown that rested gently on her head that appeared to be fashioned after vines.

"Your Majesty" Felicity said with a curtsy.

I immediately embraced her, "You know there's no need for that!" I said laughing.

Ivan opened his arms and I quickly gave him the biggest hug I could.

"What a charming Kingdom you have." Ivan said as he released me from the hug and kissed my hand.

I pulled my hand away, "You always thought you were so smooth." I said with a smile.

"I must be," Ivan grinned as he pulled Felicity in, "Look at my Queen."

Felicity tucked one of her reddish curls behind her ear, "He is always like this."

"Good." I said.