Ëthia: Chapter 33 ~Disappeared~

I'm not sure how we managed to get away from the palace, but we did, and it wouldn't be long before the Emperor was notified that we were gone and I'm sure he'd send a party after us, the real question was how much time we had on our hands.

Running through the forest we could only hope that we had remembered the way to the cottage in which we were captured the day before.

They left our animals behind when they first captured us, in which I'm shocked they didn't kill them on the spot, all I knew was that we needed our animals if we were going to have easy travel from here on out.

Seviah was extremely short of breath, considering she never had a reason to run before, and apparently it was holding the rest of us back.

Jarom had a little limp to his run, but was fine when he walked, and he wouldn't admit that he was in more pain than he gave off.

Once more, by some miracle truly, we found the cottage and our animals resting behind it.

"What's the plan?" Felicity asked in a panted breath.

I looked at the group, who was catching their breath, then to Seviah who was on the ground at this moment, and nervously replied, "To kill the Emperor".

Seviah, although still drained, managed to look up at me with apathy, which shocked me.

"Do it." Seviah stated, taking huge breaths, "He looked me in the eyes, in front of my family, and stripped me of my bending."

The one person in Seviah's life who she thought would always be there betrayed her, in the past few days Seviah's whole life had changed and I didn't want to ignore it.

"Seviah" I began.

"Stop, Ëthia" Seviah stated, "I don't want to hear how sorry you feel for me or how it must be done, just do it. I get it, my father is an evil man who will kill anyone to stay alive.".

We all stayed quiet knowing that Seviah had a lot more on her mind, I'm sure she was having a surge of emotions that she wasn't used to, or at least the power in which they were hitting her.

"He looked at me" She continued, "He looked at me like I was a complete stranger, like I was just another person."

Felicity began walking towards Seviah but I motioned for her to stand back.

"Part of me thought for a split second that my mother might know who I was, that I wasn't gone, but just being protected... but she didn't, she didn't realize her own child."

Tears began falling down Seviah's face and Felicity knelt down to embrace her.

"I can't say I know exactly how you feel" Felicity spoke softly, "But I do know what it's like to have a father who doesn't treat you as you should be treated, who shocks you in the most terrible ways".

Seviah, although emotionally distraught, seemed to soak in the words that Felicity was speaking.

Seviah gave off a weak smile and wiped the tears from her face, "Thank you".

Felicity stood up and helped Seviah up as well, both of them standing side by side.

"I say we go inside and get dressed in better clothes" Ivan suggested.