Ëthia: Chapter 26 ~What's the Plan?~

The Fire Empire wasn't what I thought it would be at all, it was busy, crowded, and the people were mostly dressed the same.

They wore these red, gold, and black robes that came in many different styles. The women had their hair up with golden pins going through them while the men had long braided hair. Everyone wore sandals, which seemed uncomfortable personally, but it all seemed like they coordinated on purpose.

"Welcome to our great city" The captain said as we all looked at the people passing by down below.

As we stood on the ship looking at the city in front of us the waves gently rocked our ship side to side.

The sun was directly in the middle of the sky and was warmer than usual, the only thing I wanted to do was go back down inside the ship and lay back down in our room.

"Follow me, I'll lead you to where you're staying" The captain said and began walking down the ramp that the men had set up.

Walking over the ramp I looked down at the water and was half tempted to start bending but thought better against the idea.

The captain led us through the city which seemed unending. Tent after tent of people trying to sell things, fruit stand after fruit of different kinds of fruit I've never seen, and of course they had fire dancers performing in the most beautiful of styles.

"It's so crazy to think I might not have ever gotten this experience". I remarked.

"You get used to it" Ivan replied.

"Well not all of us have all the money in the world to spend, Ivan". I spit back at him.

Ivan looked at me with a grin, "My bad".

After a while longer of walking through the city we came upon huge cottages that were well taken care of.

The trees in the yards had orange flowers while the flowers in the ground complimented them with yellow. The grass was a tall grass, not overwhelming, but just perfect, while the little river ran gently by all the homes.

"This is so wonderful!" Felicity exclaimed

"It really is" Dax supported.

The captain stopped and looked at us, "Well I'm glad you think that considering that this is my home".

Shocked and yet impressed I looked back and forth between the house and the captain, "But you're a captain, you shouldn't be that wealthy... right?"

The captain began to laugh gently, "What do you mean, 'but you're a captain'?".

I stopped and thought about my words, "Well how is it that you earn so much? Just from sailing a ship"

He smiled and pointed back in the direction of the ship, "Me and my men do a little robbing here and there".

"So you're pirates?" Felicity asked being very interested.

"Yes" The captain spoke, "But not anything you would think, we only take from those who truly don't need, not the poor or something".

Felicity's shoulders relaxed and she let out a deep breath, "Oh good, I thought for a second there that we were only hear for you to rob us".

The captain laughed and escorted us up the little walk way that led to the front door.

The second the door opened a wonderful smell hit us.

"What is that?" Jarom asked pushing past everyone.