Ëthia: Chapter 31 ~Permanently~

It felt as if the driver purposely drove over every hole in the ground that he could, we found ourselves constantly being bumped and tossed about in the dark prisoner carriage.

My head kept hitting against the wall while Felicity's elbows kept ramming into me.

"Sorry" She would reply repeatedly.

I could tell that everyone in that carriage didn't want to talk about what was going to happen to us, because we all knew exactly what we were headings towards.

Death.

How did this happen? How did we not notice them sneaking up on us, almost every time we find a way out, but this time they actually got us.

Jarom, Ivan, and Dax still hadn't said a word ever since we were thrown in here, I didn't know exactly what was going through their heads but I hoped they weren't mad at me, if I knew we were going to be surrounded I would have gotten us away as soon as I could.

Soon the ground seemed to level out and we were on a smooth surface.

I don't know how long we had been in the carriage but I know this was the first time that we were on smooth ground, smooth enough that I could fall asleep and ignore this whole thing.

"What will they do to us?" Felicity asked with fear in her voice.

We all stayed quiet, saying it out loud only made it that much more real.

"That bad?" Felicity replied to herself.

It was so dark in here that I didn't see how people were feeling, especially the boys, were they scared? Angry? Plotting something? I wish they would speak.

"At least we will die doing the right thing" Felicity continued.

"Felicity!" I said loudly, "We are not going to die! It won't happen!".

Ivan scoffed at me and instantly took the time to speak, "How can you be so sure? Do you think they are going to let us go after all of this?"

I didn't want to argue, not in a time like this.

I knew perfectly well what was going to happen to us, but the truth of the matter was that the Emperor didn't want them, he wanted me.

"Exactly" Ivan continued, "You know we are all doomed, so let's just accept the fact and move on".

"The emperor doesn't want any of you".

No one responded because they knew where I was going with this.

"He wants me, he wants to see me dead, not any of you".

"That's noble and everything, Ëthia, but you have no ground to bargain for anything, they already have you." Ivan began, "They have the prince of the Earthern Territory, The Princess of the Air Realm, The Princess of the Fire Empire, and of course they have you, The Water Princess. You have nothing left to bargain, nothing."

Ivan may have been right about me not being able to bargain anything, but fate had gotten me this far, and I know it wasn't about to abandon me now.

"Ivan, you're right, I don't have a thing to bargain with, but somehow, just like we always do, we will find a way out of all this".

Ivan didn't respond but continued to stay quiet.

Through the breath holes on the ceiling of the carriage you could tell that it was getting darker out, a whole day went by and according to Ivan we wouldn't live to see another.