Ëthia: Chapter 14 ~ A Drop of History~

** Thanks Everyone for sticking with the story! Hope you're all enjoying it! Here is a long chapter for ya! Please remember to vote and comment, comment's and voting are such a help to my ego, lol**

Ember was thrown down at the feet of the Air King while her assassins were trapped floating in the air struggling to breathe. The Royal Courtroom was full of people who were shocked to the assassins who had been attacking them, rumors had been flying around saying that it was a mad women who was sent from The Dark Gods themselves, that they were being punished for the wicked things they had done.

"I heard she killed a whole group of girls instantly" One woman said quietly to another, "I heard that when she is mad enough her eyes completely turn red".

Ember sat there waiting for the king to speak, rage filled her heart and anger took over her thoughts, she tried over and over to break free of these men that were holding her down.

"Do you have anything to say?!" Ember yelled getting very impatient.

Immediately a guard who wasn't holding her came over and bashed her in the head with a rod.

Ember didn't make a noise but looked at the king dead in the eyes.

The king started to fear this girl, she wasn't anything like a normal girl, let alone a person.

He got up and walked down to Ember, "And why is that you came to my Realm and started to kill my people?" He asked with fury.

Ember showed a wicked smile. Her hair kept falling in her face and her arms were tied behind her with chains, the black clothes that she was wearing were a bit torn up from the guards beating her earlier in the day.

"I asked you a question!" The king shouted slapping her across the face.

Ember growled at the king showing her teeth and lunging as far forward as she could, the king jumped back and then stepped forward again slapping her once more.

"Father" The oldest brother Fulton spoke, "We should just get rid of her before she does something that we regret".

King Wesley looked at his son, "Don't ever speak to me like that again Fulton" His father demanded.

Fulton rolled his eyes and leaned over to whisper to his mother, "Interesting isn't it? That right as we got rid of that dark skinned girl and our sister that this freak shows up".

The mother laughed slightly and motioned him to pay attention to what was going on.

The king started to circle around Ember observing everything about her, he was intrigued and disgusted all at once. He looked upon her face and noticed the bruises that had been left by his men, he smiled. King Wesley knelt down and lifted her chin up, "You know, I had another girl stop by not to long ago, a dark skinned girl".

Ember's attention suddenly peaked, She looked the king in the eyes with more interest but still with hateful eyes.

"You're from the Fire Empire. Why are you so far from home?" Wesley Asked.

Ember thought to herself, debating on whether or not to tell him, she couldn't see any possible positive outcomes of telling him her mission.

"From what the townspeople have told me you are looking for a dark skinned girl, and the only dark skinned girl that I've seen in awhile has disappeared and is no longer among us"

Embers eyes flickered with annoyance, 'of course she is already gone, she could be anywhere by now'.

"I'm not sure where she went, but she took my daughter and some peasant boy with her".