Ëthia: Chapter 18 ~Truly Abandoned~

** Hey everyone! Glad you're all reading my book and this far into it! I just wanted to give you all a little warning that this chapter will be referring to a few sexual things (nothing explicit I promise), I just want you all to have a fair warning for my younger readers**

Felicity's P.O.V.

It had been two days since William attacked me, he chose not to speak about it but continued to treat me as if I was just his pet that he was annoyed with. He gave me the scraps of what he was eating and on occasion would let me sit at the table, not that I actually wanted to sit with him. He limited what dresses I could wear and told me that I will only wear what he deems worthy enough. By this point I was done with expecting good things to happen, which worked out in my favor, no longer was I disappointed any longer but rather I was just there, I was in the moment. I no longer had any feelings towards William, I didn't hate him and I didn't love him, he was more of an object to me as well, an object to be feared and that was all.

I sat in my room on the light green bed looking out the window at the endless sea of trees, I thought I would get sick of this view but really it was something that I knew wouldn't change, it would always be the same and I looked forward to that. Not changing.

William opened my door and walked to stand in front of me, "Get up" He demanded.

Without hesitation I stood up with my eyes still locked on the unending sea of trees.

William glared at me and waited for the response that he said I should refer to him as from now on.

"Yes sir" I said still looking out the window.

"Look at me" He spit out grabbing my chin and forcing me to look at him, "Don't you ever give me attitude like that again"

My eyes met his eyes and I could still see the same disgust that he had towards me from the day I suggested that I go to town with him, he wasn't ever going to let something like this go anytime soon.

He grabbed my wrist and began walking me out of the room and down the stairs, once at the bottom he let go of his tight grip and looked at me.

"Now listen, Felicity" William demanded

I didn't like it when he said my name, he made my name seem cold and dark when it came from his lips.

"I am going into town and will be back in about two days, I expect that you'll be here when I get back".

He is leaving? This will be the chance to finally leave this place and escape, he'll never see me again.

"I can already see the wheels in your head turning, you're planning an escape aren't you?" William questioned me, "Here's the thing, you can go ahead and try to make your escape if you want, but just remember that once you step foot in that forest again that you'll be lost, lost for a long time. Now if you're still here when I get back I promise that I'll bring you to town with me the next time I go and you can do whatever you want after that, seem fair?".

I thought about this deal he was making, do I trust him or do I run back into the forest of where I'll never been seen again. I looked at William and thought about all of the cruelty he showed me and of all the unfairness he showed. Yet he was right, once I was out in that forest I would no longer have a warm place to stay, food to eat, clean clothes to wear and another person around. For all I knew Ëthia, Jarom, and Dax had all escaped from this forest and I was wasting my time hoping that they would save me.

Hoping? Just thinking that hurt, having hope that I would get out of this situation hurt so much only because I knew I wasn't getting out of this forest one way or another.