Ëthia: Chapter 25 ~Her Last Breath~

** Wow! Sorry it's taking so long for these updates! Thanks for staying patient! You guys are wonderful! Please please please vote on the Story and drop some comments, I love hearing what you guys have to say! Stay Lovely! **

Ëthia's P.O.V.

Three days. Three days without seeing any land or anything else for that matter. Three days of just ocean. Three days of walking the same ship over and over again. Three more days to go.

As I stood there looking over the deck and down in the water I just imagined what it would be like to just jump in and swim deeper and deeper into the ocean, it would most certainly be a scene change, plus with my waterbending I could trap an air bubble down there and I'd be fine. Although It would be just me, no Jarom, Felicity, Ivan, or Dax. And being alone isn't quite how I imagine my life to be.

"Lady in waiting" A deep voice spoke from behind me.

I turned around and saw the Captain standing looking at me.

"Yes?" I replied.

"You're up very early, the sun is just barely coming up, how early did you wake?" He asked walking over to the side of the ship by me.

"I've been up for a while captain; this is the only time when I truly can be alone with just my thoughts".

The Captain looked at me and lifted his eyelids a little, "Excuse me lady in waiting, didn't realize you wanted to be alone".

The captain began to walk away and a part of me was about to let him while another part of me wanted his company.

"Captain" I spoke towards him.

He turned around and looked back at me, "Yes, lady in waiting?"

"I wouldn't mind your company as of now". I said motioning for him to come back and stand with me.

"So, Lady in Waiting" The captain began, "When will you tell me the truth about you and your friends?".

My heart began to pump harder and more forcefully in my chest, I had to make a conscious choice of slowing down my breathing so that he wouldn't notice, "What do you-"

"Ëthia, don't lie to me".

"How did you... How did you know my name?".

The Captain stepped closer to me and looked me in the eyes, "Because news travels incredibly fast".

I looked away from the captain and back at the sea hoping that maybe this awful conversation would just end.

Then a thought struck me, 'If he has known about you this whole time and has done nothing, he must be on your side'.

I turned back to look at him and he was there waiting for me to catch on.

"So you're here to help us then?".

The captain smiled, "Yes, I am".

Relieved at the stress that was taken off of me I let out a deep breath and laughed a little, "Well why did you almost not let us on the ship?"

The captain shrugged his shoulders, "I guess I like to see how hard people are willing to work to get to where they want".

I smiled and rolled my eyes jokingly and looked back out to the sea, "I'm glad that you decided not to throw us over board".

The captain let out a deep laugh, "Me too, I enjoy having new faces aboard the ship".

"I bet".