Ëthia: Chapter 5 ~ A Pursuit For Ëthia~

Days later the assassins had picked up the trail of Ëthia and Jarom and were quickly gaining on them, they rode on black horses and the black horses were some of the quickest in the land.

The leader of all the assassins was in fact a young woman, the first woman who had ever made it into the elite group, she was cruel, heartless, and would stop at nothing to finish her mission.

She wasn't going to let some foolish princess ruin her goals just by running away, she would find Ëthia and kill her in the blink of an eye, and she knew the princess couldn't do a single thing about it.

She was seventeen, strong, and incredibly persuasive. She had stunning beauty, long gorgeous black hair that was always pulled back in a simple ponytail. She had light brown skin tone and eyes that were shaped like almonds, she was most certainly beautiful. But what was inside her was ugly, dreadful, and no where close to the same beauty she held on the outside.

They had stopped at the place by the river where Ëthia and Jarom had slept the night before entering the village that Ëthia found so intriguing.

Getting off her horse the girl looked around and saw little evidence of how long ago they had left, she looked at the men and signaled them to search for the something that could give them a clue.

She herself started to walk around and looked closely at the ground observing anything that might be out of the normal.

"Ember, over here" One of the men said towards her.

Ember walked over to where the man stood and looked at ground.

There she saw that the grass was pressed down, "Nice work" Ember said. "They must've left not too long ago, they can't be much further ahead of us"

Quickly Ember got on her horse and the men followed, soon they were off in the direction of the little village.

***************************************************************************************************

Ëthia and Jarom had left the village a while ago and were traveling much faster now that they were on the bears. The clothes and supplies they had got were in cloth bags hanging over the bears.

Jarom and Ëthia rode side by side following the path the man had told them would get them to the air realm quickest.

Jarom looked over and saw how deep into thought Ëthia was, he wondered what she was thinking about, wondering how often she thought about it, wondering if he was what she ever thought about.

Ëthia looked over and caught Jarom in mid stare, "Jarom, are you okay?" Ëthia asked.

Snapping out of his little daze Jarom smiled, "Yeah, I'm just fine princess".

"Ëthia. You know I don't like it when you call me 'Princess'". Ëthia replied.

Jarom smiled and they continued on with their ride.

The path that they rode on was a dirt path that was surrounded by huge oak trees that towered way above them, flowers of all kinds seemed to blossom everywhere, and you could see squirrels as they rushed up the trees. Sunlight was almost shattered all over the ground from the trees that made it hard for it to break through.

Ëthia enjoyed watching little birds on the ground that would fly away at the first sound of the bears that they rode, she loved watching the scenery pass her by and wondered why she never traveled like this before.

Soon Ëthia was deep into thought, wondering about how different her life would of been had both her parents been here with her. Maybe she would of gone on adventures all the time like this, maybe her people would respect her a lot more than they do now. She would probably know everything there is to know about ruling a colony. She even thought she might have more siblings. 'Me, a sister' Ëthia thought loudly, 'I would of made a really good sister'.