Ëthia: Chapter 32 ~One. Two. Three.~

I'm not sure if hope is something you're supposed to hold onto when you know you're going to die. Is it a foolish thought? Would it be considered mocking death if I did so? Whatever the case may be the only thing I was aware of was that I was going to die, and the more I thought about it the more I welcomed it.

If the chance to escape arrived I'd take that chance, not a second thought, I'd take it and save my friends.

Truly that's the only thing that troubled me, was knowing that because of me my friends were in this position, because of me we were all doomed.

I know we all had good intentions, and even the prophet himself did for telling me about all this, but If I knew it would've ended up like this I wouldn't have dared to journey to these lengths, not even for a second.

Drawing me out of thought Jarom grunted in pain and gently grabbed his arm.

"How are you doing?" I asked him as we sat next to each other.

Jarom looked at me and laughed a little, "Considering the circumstance that we are in I'd say I'm doing pretty well"

I nudged him a little on his good side and gave a weak smile.

Jarom reached over and grabbed my hand, his fingers went in between mine, and he firmly locked onto my hand, "All will end well, Ëthia, it always does".

Instantly all the doubt I had inside came pouring out, "Don't say that, Jarom!" I said loudly as I stood up and made my way to the front of the cell grabbing onto the bars, "It won't end well, it simply can't".

Felicity started to cry as Ivan held her close and I turned around to see the scene that was in front of me.

Ivan held the crying Felicity, Dax looked at them with irritation, Seviah was in the corner clearly realizing that she had made the wrong choice of joining us, and Jarom looked at me with eyes that only told me that he was disappointed.

I turned back around and held onto the bars and began crying myself, not because I wanted to but because my body forced me to. All the emotions that I had built up seemed to come blasting out at an unattractive rate.

Jarom was already there comforting me, holding me, reassuring me, and I just cried into his shoulder.

Eventually my tears stopped and I was able to gain composure, I lifted my head off of Jarom's shoulder and stood there looking at my friends, who seemed completely done, in every sense.

Dax and I locked eyes and I already knew that he, over anyone else, was the most disappointed in me.

We had been captured during the morning and we were now well into the night, morning would be approaching soon and the celebration of our deaths would take place.

So why did I suddenly feel a sense of hope?

"Thank you, all of you" Felicity said, as she sat on the ground cuddled into Ivan.

"For getting you killed?" Dax replied.

"For letting me live" Felicity softly replied back.

We all looked at Felicity as if she had lost it, as if there was something wrong with this picture.

"Before Ëthia and Jarom came busting through the doors of my palace I was all alone, I had no one" Felicity said with warmth, "You both took me away and showed me a world that I never knew existed, and for that I thank you".