Ëthia: Chapter 12 ~Promises~

GOSH! Sorry it's taken so long to add another chapter! I try to post one at least within two weeks, but I go a little behind on this one, my bad! Enjoy! Please remember to vote and comment! It really means a lot!

****

Ëthia's P.O.V.

We stood at the base of the tree looking up, It was all so impressive, the silver color of the bark, the multi colored leaves, and the unimaginable size of the tree.

The man had led us close enough to the base of the tree and then jumped in the air and disappeared into the leaves, I looked at Jarom and Felicity with a little confusion in my face.

"He is an airbender?" Felicity asked.

I was just as stunned as she was, actually I was terrified, this dark man was attacking me at night, that fact that he was airbending was the last thing that was on my mind. It was odd, how is it possible that a dark colored man could bend air? It didn't make sense, and it made me a little uncomfortable.

"I've never seen that before" Jarom replied to her.

We waited for a couple of minutes for something to happen, and every minute that went by I only got angrier, it was maddening in fact. First this guy takes our things and basically forces us to come here, and then the next thing you know we are waiting at the bottom of the biggest tree I'll ever see in life.

" I am so sick and-"

Suddenly a swing had dropped down from above almost hitting me.

"Sorry" I hear from up above.

I look up and don't see anything besides the ropes that are holding the piece of wood.

Walking forward I examined it, it was only big enough for one person at a time, but most importantly it didn't look safe.

"Get on!" The voice from above shouted.

I looked back at Jarom and Felicity, Jarom had a look of concern and doubt on his face, and Felicity seemed to be waiting for my reaction.

I turned back around and picked the piece of wood up so that it was no longer hanging from the ropes but sitting in my hand, "It's just a swing, it can't be that bad" I said outloud.

I dropped the swing and then sat down on it.

Jarom walked towards me as if to stop me but suddenly I found myself being raised in the air.

"Ëthia! Be Careful" Jarom shouted.

I looked down and saw Felicity and Jarom both looking up at me, they were getting smaller and smaller until I could no longer see them clearly.

I lifted my head up and was entranced in the beauty that I was around, it was breathtakingly beautiful, the sunlight would light up the leaves and make their colors scatter everywhere. The rush of the wind in my face as I was being lifted up was spectacular, "wow" I said to myself.

Still looking up I realized that it looked like a ceiling of leaves was approaching me, there was a hole in the ceiling of trees and I closed my eyes as I went through it.

I stayed silent, not making a sound and not opening my eyes, I didn't know what I should expect once I opened them.

This guy could be all alone for all I know, maybe he will take me and keep me a prisoner, maybe he is looking for a friend, or maybe he is one of the crazy people who would torture me. Once I opened my eyes there would be no more surprise, what is about to happen, will just happen.

On three I'll open my eyes.

One.

Deep breaths Ëthia, deep breaths.