Ëthia: Chapter 21 ~ A Change ~

We slowly made our way forward as Tyrus led the group through the maze of tunnels that we were in. It was pitch black and I found myself stumbling every now with Jarom there to quickly help me gain my balance, I held Felicity's hand with her in front of me while Jarom was behind me holding my hand firmly.

I felt perfectly safe although I couldn't see a single thing, Tyrus seemed extremely trustworthy aside from the fact that he was a robber, Felicity helped me feel a little more superior, Dax was making jokes and making everyone laugh more, and Jarom simply had a protective demeanor which made all the difference.

The ground we walked on was firm but yet still was dirt, I could feel dust rising in the air as our footsteps stirred it up and a few of the men including Dax were coughing because of it.

"It's not too much further" Tyrus said back to us.

Soon there was a light in the distance that got brighter and brighter the closer we got to it, "What is that?" I asked openly.

"You'll see" One of Tyrus's men said.

Eventually we reached the light which brought us to a railing that overlooked a huge drop off into a dark hole, it looked as if we were looking into a huge well that emptied into an unending black hole. Exactly across from us on the other side we could see that there was a waterfall that emptied into the well and disappeared into the unending black hole at the bottom.

"What do we do now?" Jarom asked.

"We wait" Tyrus replied.

"For what exactly?" I asked.

"You'll see" Tyrus said.

We waited for what seemed like forever when suddenly the little orb of light that was above us started to move.

"How did it do that?" Felicity asked with interest.

"That would be Zain". Tyrus informed.

"Zain?" I asked.

The light started to move all around as if it were dancing in the air, moving from side to side, in circles, and would explode with different shades of yellow's, oranges, and reds, eventually it calmed down to a warm yellow color.

"Show off" One of Tyrus's men said.

Tyrus told us to stand back and as we did he stepped forward and started creating a staircase that was made from the earth, the staircase ascended above the little orb of light and up into this circular well.

One by one people started making there way up until it got to Felicity.

"I don't think this is safe" Felicity said while shaking her head, "I mean just look! This staircase doesn't even have a railing and if someone were to fall they would fall into that big black hole of nothing!".

I looked over the edge and nodded my head in agreement, "True, if you were to fall then who knows how long you'd fall or what's at the bottom, good thing you're an airbender and can fly yourself up".

Felicity glared at me and I gave her a little bow.

Eventually we all made our way up the staircase and through an opening that led to another tunnel.

"Thanks Zain" Tyrus said.

I couldn't see a thing considering that little orb of light was down there where we were and now there was nothing.

"You're welcome" A gentle voice spoke.

Instantly a streak of light went above us then settled as a little orb of light lighting the place up.