Ëthia: Chapter 29 ~Your Chance~

"So what is it that you're proposing?" Seviah asked still holding onto the bed post.

I looked at the group and then back at Seviah, "I am proposing that you come with us on our adventure".

Seviah let go of the bed post and cautiously walked past us towards the open doors of her bedroom. She stood as close as she could to the border of the outside of her room without actually crossing over.

"Seviah" I began, "You just finished telling us that you have lived your whole life up in this room, the only time you have seen the sky or the stars is when you look out your ceiling window".

I stopped as she took a few steps away from the door and went to sit down on one of the couches.

"Trust me" Felicity began, "It was so hard for me to actually grasp the fact that I was actually about to leave my own palace, but believe me when I say it's for the best".

Seviah sat quietly on her couch and looked at the wall.

"Seviah, freedom is literally right there". I added in.

"I can't". Seviah replied softly.

"Can't what?" I asked.

She stood up and faced me, "I can't leave this room! I can never leave this room. How do I know you aren't here to try and hurt me, to mess up my family, to destroy the palace?".

I looked at Seviah a bit confused and was about to say something back but Jarom pulled me into his chest.

"I got this" He said rubbing my shoulder. He turned and faced Seviah. "Seviah" Jarom spoke with his deep voice, "What is left for you here? What has there ever been for you here? You told all of us that you have siblings that don't even know you exist, you have a mother you've never met, you haven't any idea what it is like to step foot outside of that door. Why do you persist on staying here?"

"Because...Because what if I don't like it out there? What if my father is right and people out there only want to hurt me?".

"Then why isn't your mother or your siblings up here?" Dax chipped in.

Seviah stood quiet and didn't say a word.

Something was different, something wasn't right.

I gently removed Jaroms grasp from me and walked to Seviah, "You know something don't you?"

Seviah looked up at me and seemed a little shocked that I would try and point something out, "I don't know what you-"

"Yes, you do". I stated. "what do you know?"

"I really don't know anything" Seviah once again tried to defend.

"You know something" I said back quickly.

"Ëthia!" Felicity said walking up to me, "Stop, I don't think she knows anything, she's been up here her whole life".

"I doubt that" I said simply, "For how much she has told us that her father loves her I would doubt that he wouldn't ever let her out. Besides, she is supposed to know how to get us to the gardens".

For a brief moment Seviah's eyes went wide.

"Ha!" I said catching her instantly.

"What!" She said back.

"You do know something about the gardens, meaning you've been outside of this room before!".

"Get out!" Seviah demanded.