Ëthia: Chapter 39 ~Best Wishes~

"What do you mean, 'What now?'" Seviah said closing the door.

"He just killed his parents." I said bluntly, immediately I looked at Ivan and saw his face, which seemed to become even paler, "Sorry." I quickly added.

Ivan's room was two floors, the stairs were against the same wall that the door was and up above, on the second floor, was his bed.

Ivan walked up a few stairs and turned around to face us, "I can't believe..." His breathing picked up and it took him a moment to calm back down, "I can't believe I just killed my parents..."

Ivan sat down on the stairs and buried his face into his hands.

I looked at Felicity, we all knew she was truly the only one who could make him feel better.

Felicity walked up the stairs and sat down beside him, "I can't begin to imagine how you must feel, and I won't pretend, but I'm here for you."

Ivan slowly raised his head and looked at Felicity, "Will you stay?"

Felicity looked a little shocked at the offer, "What do you mean?"

Ivan grabbed Felicity's hands and looked her in the eyes, "My parents are dead, I'm the king, and I can't do this on my own."

Felicity had many thoughts going through her head, "But what about Ëthia, we have to help her, and I can't just stay here, I'm the princess of the Air Realm, I can't completely abandon home, and I-"

I cut Felicity off, "You've been the biggest help ever," I said walking up the stairs to her, "I have a castle and a throne of my own to take back, but if this is where you feel like you need to be, then stay."

Felicity looked up at me, "I'm still the princess of the Air Realm." she said with a little heart break, "Although I don't want to go back I can't just avoid home."

Ivan looked at Felicity and she back at him, "Then stay here and be my queen."

Felicity's eyes opened wide and she stuttered, "W-What did y-you say?"

Ivan gently put his hand on Felicity's cheek and moved in closer to her, "I said, 'Be my queen.'"

Felicity stayed close to Ivan, letting his hand rest on her cheek, I could see that Felicity wanted to say yes, but something held her back.

"Say yes!" I encouraged to her, "Say yes!"

A huge smile appeared on Felicity's face and she wrapped her arms around Ivan's neck, "I know this isn't the most romantic setting, and I'm more than positive that you and I will have to work some stuff out, but the answer is 'yes!', I'll unite with you!"

Ivan pulled Felicity in all the way and they shared one of the most passionate kisses I've ever seen.

I walked down the stairs and joined the rest of my friends who were stuck smiling, at least some good news came from all of this.

After Ivan and Felicity were done embracing Ivan faced me, "Are you sure you'll be able to tackle your castle without us?"

I saw how comfortable and loved Felicity felt in this moment, Ivan having his arm around her, a place where she would be loved, and a wonderful future that was in store.

"I'm sure." I said with a smile, "I've got a wonderful firebender, waterbender, and myself."

Ivan walked down the stairs and gave me a hug, "Thank you", he replied with a warm tone.

"For what?" I asked.

Ivan let go of the hug and looked me in my eyes, "For bringing me my future queen, for showing me that there's much more to the world than I thought, and for being a good friend."

Tears started to form in my eyes and I didn't want them to fall, "Thank you for going on this journey with me." I said with gratefulness, "You truly have been wonderful, and I wish both of you the best of luck."

By this time tears of happiness were streaming down my face and Felicity rushed in to give me a hug, "Hey!" She said wiping at some of my tears, "We are sisters, sisters I say!"

"And" Ivan continued, "If there is anything you need from us, anything at all, just know the Earthern Territory supports the Water Colony."

"How are you going to explain this to your people?" Dax questioned as he walked forward to join the group.

Ivan paused, "I have to be honest." He said with some pain in his eyes, "My parents aren't who I thought they were, and once you all leave I'm sure I'll have more time to think on that, but I'll let the people know."

Seviah walked forward and gave a weak smile, "You'll make a great king, Ivan."

Ivan smiled back at her, "I'm glad I got to know you as well, Seviah."

Almost as if it were instinct, we all gathered in for a group hug.

I may not have known these people for too long, but I did know that I was going to miss them when the time came to depart.

Once the group hug was done Ivan offered me to stay for as long as I'd like.

"No," I refused softly, "I need to get back to my castle before something bad happens."

"I understand." Ivan said with a little sadness, "So, you're off tonight?"

I looked around his bedroom and then back at him, "I'm off tonight."

Felicity looked at Dax and Seviah, "And I suppose that means you two are going with her as well?"

Dax and Seviah nodded their heads.

"Then this is goodbye." Felicity said with tears in her voice.

Dax, Seviah, and Felicity, all gathered for a hug.

"I'll have the guards escort you safely to your animals." Ivan informed as they were separating from their hug.

"And get you some proper traveling clothes." Seviah quickly added.

I looked down and remembered I was still wearing servants clothes, "Good idea."

Shortly after, servants came in and gave Seviah, Dax, and I, proper travel clothes.

Seviah and I wore a loose green dress with a long fur hooded coat, while Dax was given loose green shorts and a fitted black top, along with a fur jacket.

Ivan and Felicity walked us to the last gate that would eventually lead us off the palace grounds.

We stopped and took in the moment of being together, for we didn't know when this moment would happen again, or if it would happen again.

We all looked back at the palace that was shining in the distance.

"This won't be it." Felicity said, "We will meet again."

Although I knew she couldn't know for sure, it felt right when she said it.

We all did one last group hug and gave our best wishes, and just like that, we were off.

Leaving Felicity and Ivan.