Sixty-Five:Issues

Demi's POV

School started again, but I didn't go back to teaching. Since the tour, I've been obsessed with the life full of fame. I've gone to several talk shows, having to leave Avery for a few days at a time. I would have no issue taking her with me, but she has school. So Wilmer takes care of her while I'm gone.

Avery calls Wilmer her dad now. It's adorable, and I'm pretty sure Wilmer thinks it's sweet, too.

While Avery thinks everything is now perfect, she doesn't know what Wilmer and I are actually thinking. He calls me when I'm gone, saying he misses me too much. I miss him, too, but once I've made a commitment to be somewhere, I don't go back on it. Whenever I get back from a trip, he reminds me of how it's not fair that we have to be separated so much. I end up telling him that he's being ridiculous because I don't even go away that often.

But we never argue in front of Avery. It would break her heart. She so happy having a mom and a dad together without issues. I'm not taking that away from her, and Wilmer wouldn't want to do that to her, either.

Avery's POV

Dad picked me up from school again. When I saw him, I ran to him. He picked me up and swung me around before putting me back down and leading me to the car. "Momma's coming home tonight?"

"Yup," he said as he started the car.

They've been having issues, I can tell. They don't argue, but I can tell there's tension. They don't seem as happy as they used to be.

When we got home, I noticed she wasn't there. "When will Momma come home?" I asked.

"It'll be later tonight. You'll be able to see her before bed, though."

But as time went on, Momma never came home, so Dad called her and put her on speaker phone.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hi Momma!" I yelled into the phone.

I heard her giggle. "Hey Princess. I miss you."

"I miss you, too," I said. "When are you coming home?"

"I'll be back later tonight. I know it's later than what it was supposed to be, but my flight got delayed for a long time. I'm still waiting to get on the plane," she explained.

"You'll be back tonight, though?" Wilmer asked.

"Yes," she said, her voice obviously changing. He sounded annoyed, so she did in return. I ignored it, though. "Avery, it's late and you have school tomorrow. I'll see you in the morning, okay, baby?"

"Okay," I said, disappointed that I wouldn't see her tonight.

"I love you," she said.

"Love you, too. Good night," I responded.

"I'm getting on the plane now. I'll see you soon, Wilmer. Love you."

"I love you, too, Demi," he responded before hanging up.

I've heard them say they loved each other before, but this was different. It didn't have as much emotion in it. Something was wrong and they didn't want me to know.

So I know Demi and Wilmer broke up in real life (which is sad, but I'm excited to see what the future brings for the both of them). I'm still going to write this how I had planned. Hope it works out well!