Fifty-Nine:Wilmer's Visit

Demi's POV

The next day was the concert. Avery hung out with Avery all day again as I got ready and performed. Avery loved getting her hair and make-up re-done. She looked absolutely adorable. I took her on stage again, and though she was still shy and didn't talk into the mic, she at least looked out into the audience. She even gave them a smile and a wave. Everyone gushed over her, which I think she enjoyed.

I ran off the stage, sweaty of course, and took my daughter in my arms. She was ready to go to bed, I could tell.

We made it to the dressing room for a sweet surprise.

"Wilmer!" I shouted as I ran to him, putting Avery down so I wouldn't accidentally drop her. I engulfed him in a hug, and Avery soon followed.

"Hey," he said excitedly as he hugged me back. "You're quite sweaty," he chuckled.

"Wilmer!" Avery yelled, reaching up towards him.

"Hey, Princess," he said as he picked her up. They had their moment, which was so adorable. He would be an amazing father, I just know it.

I washed up, then Wilmer took us to dinner. On the way back to the hotel, Avery fell fast asleep. Wilmer carried her into the room and laid her on the bed. Wilmer and I stayed up for a while to talk. I caught him up on everything that had happened, and he did the same for me. Of course, mine was much more eventful.

After a while, we got ready for bed.

"I can only stay for tonight," he said. "I didn't actually pay for a hotel room."

We both chuckled at that. "It's fine," I responded.

"Besides, I have stuff to do back home."

We crawled into bed with Avery on one side of me, and Wilmer on the other. Avery woke up a little, though, and moved herself so she was between us. I didn't mind, and I don't think Wilmer did, either. I was just glad to have my family back together.

I was scared, though. Our separate careers were the reason Wilmer and I broke up in the first place. Maybe Avery will be our reason to stay. I hope so. She deserves two parents to love and care about her as much as Wilmer and I do. She needs us. But most importantly, to keep this relationship alive, we need her.

I know this is short, I'm sorry. I'm trying to get chapters out quickly.