Forty-Nine:Powdered Sugar

Demi's POV

Ever since Wilmer beat up whoever that man was, Avery's been so attached. Every time he comes over or we go over to his place, she gets so excited. It's really cute.

I'm loving how care free Avery is becoming. She's finally acting like a child her age should act, and I'm loving it.

And Wilmer has surprised me so much. He's acting like a father to Avery. He's showing a new side to him that I've never seen. It's adorable.

We were in the middle of watching a movie, all three of us together. Avery was sitting between us, but she fell asleep with her head leaned on Wilmer's chest. I had my head on his shoulder, and when I looked up at him, I noticed he was asleep, too.

I had to take a moment to admire and appreciate this. We looked like a little family. It was something I always pictured, that I would meet a man and we'd get married and have children. I just never imagined that this would be how our little family got together. I thought I'd meet the perfect one before having a kid, but instead, the perfect child came first. I'm sure Wilmer is the perfect man. He sure seems like it right now.

I reached to my side to grab my phone. I took a quick picture of all three of us snuggled together. I admired how adorable and perfect it was.

This is what I've always wanted, and I finally found it. I hope nothing would ever break us apart.

I turned the TV off and rested my head back down on Wilmer's shoulder, and soon, I had drifted off to sleep, too.

Avery's POV

I woke up on the couch, curled up next to Wilmer and Momma. They were both asleep, her head on his shoulder. I got up carefully so I wouldn't wake either of them, then looked at them.

They looked so peaceful and happy together.

I couldn't help but wish I had this all my life. I wish I had known my father, and hope he was a good man. I wish my mother would have loved me and kept me safe. But most of all, I wish my mother was happy. She never seemed happy, ever. I wonder if that's why she was always so mean. My momma now is happy, and she's so nice. Wilmer seems to make her happier. If my Father would've stayed with my mother, I wonder if she would've been happier. And I could've always had this.

I sat on the edge of the couch as I thought about it all.

Then Wilmer started to wake up. He yawned, then looked down at Momma with a smile. She made him happy, too.

Then he noticed me. "Hey," he whispered. I smiled in return. He glanced down at Momma again before looking back at me. "Want to help me make breakfast?" I smiled and nodded. He carefully got Momma's head off his shoulder without waking her up. He took my hand and led me into the kitchen. "Did you like the movie last night?" I nodded again. "Oh, I forgot. You aren't much of a talker in the morning," he smirked. I shrugged with a tired smile. I got to help him make pancakes! They didn't take too long to make. "Have you ever had powdered sugar on top of your pancake before?" I shook my head. He brought down a bag of white powder that said confectioners sugar. "Try it," he said, opening the bag. He pinched some out, then put it in his mouth. I did the same and smiled. It was sweet and good. He took another pinch and sprinkled some on too of a pancake. He let me do the same with another one. He turned his back to get something out of the refrigerator, and I took some more sugar. He turned back around right as I put the sugar in my mouth. I quickly brought my hand to my side, trying to hide what I had just done. He smirked. "Did you just eat more sugar?" I giggled as I shook my head. "I know you did because you have sugar on your nose."

"No I don't," I said as I wiped my nose.

He stuck his finger in the sugar then poked my nose, making me giggle. "Now you do." We then tickled me a little, making me laugh.

"What's going on?" I heard Momma say. She was standing right outside of the kitchen watching us. She then pointed to means looked at Wilmer. "Did you give my child sugar in the morning?"

"Just a little," Wilmer answered. I took a pinch if sugar and sprinkled it in my mouth as I giggled some more. "Alright, that's enough. Save it for the pancakes," Wilmer said as he moved the bag of sugar.

Momma got a paper towel and dusted the sugar off my nose. "Good morning, princess," she said with a smile.

"Good morning, Momma. Look, we made pancakes!" I said, pointing to them.

"I see, they look yummy. Let's go to the table to eat."

All three of us sat down with our plates and ate our breakfast. It was a great way to start off the day.

I tried writing a cute chapter. I hope it worked.

Can someone PLEASE help me??? I need ideas for this book! What should happen? I will give credit if I use your idea!