Thirty-Four: Found

Demi's POV

A weeks gone by, and I still don't know where Avery is. The police keep telling me they have a lead, but they never give details. My heart breaks everyday. I have no idea where she is, I don't know what's happening to her, and it's killing me that I can't do anything about it. The police tell me that I just have to wait until they can tell me something, but I don't know how much longer I can wait. I cry every day. I pray every night that this is just a dream, but when I wake up, she's never here. That's if I sleep at all.

I haven't gone to work. I know I wouldn't be able to keep it together.

I just need Avery back.

Avery's POV

When I woke up, I was in a dark room. I had a massive headache. I put my hand to my forehead, and when I brought it back down, I saw blood. I sat up, and I started coughing. I coughed so much, blood came out. I felt like I couldn't breath, so I just laid back down. I stayed like that for I don't know how long. No one came into the room. Occasionally I heard noise outside of the room, but they never opened the door.

I just want my momma back. My new, nice momma. I want her to hold me, and tell me everything will be okay. Because right now, I don't know if it will be. I'm certain she's looking for me, I just hope she doesn't give up.

After a very long time, probably days, of thinking, I couldn't stay awake anymore. I fought against sleep, but I just got so exhausted, I couldn't help but pass out.

Demi's POV

Finally, after a week and a half of stressing, I got a call from the police. They told me the location in which they found the van, and they told me to stay home and let them take care of it. There was no way I was letting that happen. I ran to my car and drove as quickly as I could to where they had told me Avery was. I caught up to the cop cars, and followed behind them. We drove such a long way, I didn't know if I was going to have enough gas. We were driving through the middle of no where. I don't even know how they were able to track the van to all the way out here. It was past midnight by the time we pulled up to the old house. Avery was in there, I just knew it.

The police went to the house fully armed. I tried running to the house, but some of the officers held me back. "That's my daughter in there, I need to go get her," I told them in a frantic tone.

"Ma'am, we can't let you in there. It's too dangerous," one of them responded.

"I don't care, I need to get my daughter," I said, still struggling. I saw her mother being dragged out in handcuffs, nothing sober about her. I felt so much hatred towards her. I pointed to her. "She hurt her. I need to get Avery."

"They'll get her out, it will be okay."

Soon, I saw a man carrying out a small figure, which I recognized as little Avery. Her body was limp in his arms, and it didn't look like she was concious. It didn't even look like she was alive, which horrified me. I put my hand over my mouth and let out a cry as I watched her being carried to the ambulance. They let me run to her. I got in the back of the ambulance as medics started connecting IVs.

"Please tell me she's alive," I begged, tears still rolling heavily down my face.

"Yes, she has a light pulse."

"She'll be okay?" I asked in a panic.

The medic sighed. "She's in very critical condition. She lost a lot of blood, she might have a concussion, she's definitely lacking nutrition. She's very dehydrated. Her body is just really weak. We will do what we can to help her, but she's very dependent on fluids and medicines right now."

That's not at all what I wanted to hear, but I wasn't surprised by it.

I took her hand in mine. I rubbed my thumb across the back of her hand. "I'm here now," I said, knowing she can't hear me. "I'm so sorry, Princess."

So sorry it took so long to update!

This chapter is really bad, sorry, but I really needed to update.