Sixty-Four:Finally Home

Demi's POV

The last concerts were amazing. Just as amazing as all of the other ones. The crowd was so supportive, and I loved the feeling of being on stage and performing in front of everyone again. I loved the adrenaline of it.

Of course, at my very last concert, I slipped and fell. It scared Avery a little, but I assured her that I was just fine.

Now I still have kept my streak of falling on tour.

Now it was time to go home. Finally, we were going home. Back to our own beds and most importantly, Wilmer.

I didn't even know he cared so much before he made the phone call. He sounded a little upset, but I think we're going to be okay.

By the time the last plane ride landed, it was pretty late. Avery was asleep, and I didn't want to wake her up, so I instead picked her up and carried her to the luggage pick up, where Willer was waiting. I smiled as I gave him a hug. He took Avery from my arms so I could find our bags. He then carried Avery to the car along with helping me with the luggage.

"I missed you," I told him once we were finally on our way home.

"I missed you, too," he said, glancing at me with his to-die-for smile. "I missed you more than I probably should have."

"Same here. Wilmer, when you made that phone call, it kind of surprised me. I didn't know you cared that much," I admitted.

With one hand staying on the wheel, he placed his other hand on mine. "I don't want to lose you again." My heart warmed as I realized we both loved each other like we used to. "I want to try this again," he told me.

"You want to try our relationship again?" I asked, just to make sure I was understanding him correctly.

"Yeah," he said with a nod.

"Good. Me too," I responded with a smile.

Avery of silence took over before a small voice from the back seat popped up.

"Wilmer?" Avery asked.

"Yeah, Princess. I'm here."

"Go back to sleep, baby," I said, looking back at her. "We'll be home soon."

It didn't take long for her to close her eyes and drift off again.

"I missed her, too," Wilmer said.

I smiled at him. "She missed you a lot. And she asked me the sweetest thing," I started.

"What?" He asked curiously.

I looked back to see Avery was fast asleep, but decided not to tell Wilmer after all.

"No," I sighed. "I can't tell you."

"What?" He asked, almost offended.

"Avery should ask you."

"She's asleep," he stated.

"Well then, you'll just have to wait," I teased.

He glanced at me with a smile again before focusing completely on the road.

Soon enough, we got home. Wilmer helped get the luggage out of his car.

"Thanks for picking us up and getting us home," I told him.

"No problem. But I do have to go now. I have work in the morning," he responded.

We both said our final goodbyes before he left. I went upstairs with a smile on my face. I checked on Avery, who was already in bed asleep. She had just kept her clothes on through the day, but I didn't think it'd hurt anything. I went to my own room, brushed my teeth, and got dressed for bed. I crawled in under the covers and closed my eyes, still thinking about Wilmer.

So... When should I publish my new book? Should I wait until after this one is done?

Oh, and random fact. I'm prone to injury! I'm on bed rest (through out the day. I'm not missing dance of course) because I broke several blood vessels in several of my toes. So that's fun! And I have a performance this weekend. Yay! So since I don't have anything to do all day besides stuff I can do sitting down, I will be taking this opportunity to do lots of writing. This book should be finished very, very soon.