Sixty-Three:Phonecalls

Avery's POV

"It'll be soon," I heard Momma say from the bathroom. She had gone in there to talk to Wilmer. I don't know why she wanted to talk to him in the bathroom. "There's only a few more concerts. Listen, I miss you, too. I can't wait to get back and see you." There were several seconds of silence. "I know, Avery misses you too. Just let this tour finish. We'll be back soon. Okay. You too. Bye."

Soon, she came out of the bathroom. I acted like I didn't hear anything. It seemed she didn't want me to hear.

"You ready to go?" She asked. We were getting ready to go to the next city. I nodded and hopped off the bed, grabbing my suitcase. "Wilmer says he misses you." I gave her a small smile, not saying a word.

I didn't speak the whole way to the airport. I didn't know what to say. All that was on my mind was the phone conversation. Momma sounded pretty upset.

It took a long time going through security, but we were finally able to board the plane. "Settled?" Momma asked, and I nodded in return. "Are you okay?" I nodded again. "What's up?" She asked, not believing me.

I looked up at her. "Nothing."

"Okay," she said, still pretty skeptical.

It was short plane ride, and a short car ride to the hotel. The whole time, I didn't speak. I knew it only worried Momma, but I felt like any conversation would have me asking about the phone call.

I didn't want them to be upset with each other.

Demi's POV

Wilmer had called before we left for our flight. He had reminded me what all of my traveling had done in the past to us. I reminded him that this tour was only temporary, and our breakup wasn't all my fault. It was both of our careers. He told me he was just worried about me, but he was scaring me. I don't want this to end again. I need him. Avery needs him.

Avery hadn't spoke since we left the last hotel. I think she heard the conversation and didn't want me to know. She keeps saying nothing is wrong, but it's not like her to be so quiet. She's never been talkative, but she's not mute either.

As soon as we got to the hotel, I immediately started getting ready for bed. I was so tired and frustrated. I've loved this tour, but I am ready to go back to Wilmer and just be home.

Oh look, double update! This chapter is short, so I didn't want to publish it without something else.

I have seven parts to my other book written. I'm excited to share it with you soon!