Thirty-Three: Taken pt. 2

Avery's POV

It had only been a couple minutes since I was put into the back of this van, and I was still screaming. "I want Momma!" I kept saying. "Help!" I would call out, even though I knew no one outside of the vehicle would be able to hear.

"Hey, shut up!" Someone from the front yelled. I guess he got tired of me screaming. "You're giving me a head ache."

So I sat in the back, continuing to cry, but much quieter. I was so scared. I didn't know who these two men were, or where they were taking me. It felt like I was in the back of that van forever.

Eventually, the car stopped. One of the men got out while the other turned to look at me. "We had to stop for gas. Don't make a sound. You'll regret it."

I spent the whole time contemplating on whether to scream or do what I was told. Before I could make up my mind, the van was moving again. I felt myself getting tired, but I didn't dare fall asleep.

Finally, we stopped again. One of the men came to get me from the back. I scooted far away from him, but he grabbed my leg and dragged me towards to door. He then took my arm and dragged me to an old house I had never seen before. All the while, I was trying to escape his grip, but he was too strong. He knocked on the door, and I could hear someone start to open the it. Behind the door was the person I wanted to see the least.

My mother reached out and grabbed a handful of my hair, pulling me inside the old house. I screamed out as she dragged me deeper inside. She threw me on the flour.

"You little bitch!" She yelled at me, slapping me across the face. I held my now stinging cheek. She grabbed my face and forced me to look at her. "You sent me to prison. Do you know how horrible that place is?" I didn't answer, I was too scared to speak. "How could you do this to your own mother?" My body shook with fear. She bent down and got really close to my face. "What did I tell you would happen if you ever told the truth about me?" I stared at her, and the anger in her face was clear. "Answer me!" She yelled as she shook me. I started to cry again.

"Y-you said you w-would..." I stuttered.

"I would what?" She whispered.

I started to cry heavily again. I couldn't finish the sentence.

"Could it be, that I would kill you?" She asked. I shook violently with fear. "If you don't die, you're going to wish you did."

I wanted to move away from her, but I had no where to go.

She dismissed the two men before turning back to me.

"It wouldn't have to be like this if you weren't a stupid, bratty, annoying little shit!" She yelled at me.

As she walked towards me, I saw her anger grow. She picked me up by the shoulders and slammed me into the wall. She dropped me, letting me fall to the ground. She kicked, she punched, she yelled, and she spat. She threw things like her empty glass bottles. I don't know how long it lasted, I passed out after a hard blow to the head.

Demi's POV

As soon as I saw the van leave, I ran inside the school and to the office. I asked if they had security cameras set up outside. Thankfully they did. We were able to see the van's license plate, and we called the police. I told them exactly what happened. I had my back turned, I heard a scream, and the child wasn't there as the van drove away. I couldn't keep myself from breaking down. I was crying histerically. I couldn't control myself. I can't believe I let this happen. I was supposed to protect Avery. I don't know what I'm going to do if she doesn't get found.

:(