Fifty-Four:First Day on Tour

Demi's POV

Over the last several weeks, I've been having meeting after meeting, making sure everything is in place for this tour. I forgot how exhausting it could be, and we aren't even traveling yet.

Avery seems to be enjoying everything. I'm surprised at how comfortable she is with my crew. She doesn't talk much, but she's not much of a talker anyways.

After long preparation, it was finally the morning to get on our first plane. Thankfully, Wilmer agreed to drive us to the airport, so he just stayed at my place.

My alarm went off at 3:00AM. Everything was already packed and in the car, so all I had to do was get Avery and head out the door. She slept with me that night, so I scooped her up as carefully as I could, and carried her to the car. Wilmer followed us closely behind. Avery woke up and groaned tiredly as I opened the car door.

"Shh, go back to sleep. It's early, get your rest," I whispered. She quickly fell back asleep as I set her in the back seat and buckled her up.

I got in the passengers seat next to Wilmer, and we headed to the airport.

Wilmer helped us unload everything, and he walked in with us, Avery sleeping in his arms. We had to say our goodbyes once we got to security.

I gave him a hug and a kiss, and he hugged Avery as she was still in his arms. She hugged back as tight as her sleepy body could.

Eventually, we were seated on the plane. Avery woke up as the plane was taking off. She seemed pretty startled, so I held her hand until we were fully up in the air. She looked out the window as we were floating through the clouds. She seemed to be having fun once we had been in the air for a while.

The flight was only a few hours long. We had a driver who helped us load our bags in the car. He then took us to our hotel.

"Are you hungry yet?" I asked Avery once we were settled in.

"Yes!" She exclaimed as if she were waiting for the question.

I ordered room service and then turned on the TV. I laid on the bed, and Avery snuggled up next to me. I wrapped an arm around her and we watched the Disney channel until the food came.

"Are you having fun yet?" I asked as we ate. She nodded, her mouth too full to talk.

After brunch, I set my alarm since I had another meeting in an hour and a half. I laid down with the TV playing isn't he background. Avery laid down with me, but I'm not sure if she slept at all. I took a quick forty-five minute nap before my alarm went off again.

At the meeting, we just discussed the schedule for the concert, which was just two days away. I got to check out the area where we'll be performing. Avery's eyes widened as we walked through the arena. She'd never been somewhere so big, I don't think. She loved getting on the stage and looking out towards the empty rows of seats.

"You can come on stage for a quick appearance of you want," I told her. She smiled shyly and shook her head.

I promised Avery I'd take her to the pool once we got back to the hotel.

"I don't know how to swim," she said as we made our way to the indoor pool. Thankfully, no one else was in there.

"I'll teach you," I told her as we set our stuff down.

I held her hand as we both got into the shallow water.

"It's too cold," she said, tugging on my hand.

"You'll get used to it quickly. Come on," I said as I picked her up. I showed her how to swim on her stomach. "You're turn." I held both of her sides as her arms did the same motions mine did.

"Don't let go, Momma."

"I won't, I promise."

We did that for a while before we both started getting hungry again.