Fifty-One:Morning Tickles

Demi's POV

It took awhile, but Wilmer finally came down into the living room. He kissed the top of my head before placing a gentle hand on the head of a sleeping Avery. She stirred a little, but didn't wake up.

"Good morning, Hermosa," Wilmer said as he sat next to me on the couch.

"Morning," I responded. I tried to smile, but it was hard.

"What's wrong?" He asked in a concerned voice.

I sighed. "I just have a really big decision to make," I told him. "And I'm kind of worried about it."

"What's going on?" He asked as he took my hand. He rubbing the back of my had with his thumb.

"My manager called. She thinks I should do another tour."

He had a look of slight confusion. "You haven't performed in years."

"I know. But people wanted it. My manager decided to schedule everything with everyone, except me. Now I'm supposed to up and leave everything for this, or let a ton of people down."

"Demi, if you don't feel like it's a good idea, don't do it. Just call it off."

"But-"

"Your real supporters are going to understand. You have big responsibilities. You've moved on with your life."

I sighed again. "I know. But the thought of performing on a big stage again, in front of thousands of people. It makes me feel excited. It makes me wonder why I ever gave it up. But then I go back to my responsibilities, and how much I'm loving my life right now. Avery is the best thing that's ever happened to me, I can't leave her for months at a time."

There was a moment of silence, where neither of us knew what to say.

"I'm going to ask Avery what she wants," I finally spoke up. "What she's comfortable with. If she doesn't want to leave me for that long, I can take her on the road with me. If she's not comfortable being around do many people at once like that, then I'll find someone to look after her. If she's not comfortable with either of those things, then I'm calling the whole tour off."

"This is a huge choice that you're leaving up to a seven year old."

"I know." I smiled at my sleeping beauty. "But my life revolves around her. I'm making sure of that."

Wilmer and I turned on the TV and waited for Avery to wake up again. It didn't take too long before I felt her little body stretch out. She yawned as she sat up off my lap and leaned up against Wilmer. He wrapped his arm around her. "Good morning," he told her.

"Morning," she mumbled. She was obviously still tired.

"Come on, where's your energy?" He asked. She just grunted, making both Wilmer and me smile. He poked her side, making her jump. He did it again.

"Don't do that," she giggled as she pushed his hand away.

"I'm not doing anything," Wilmer said as he put his hands up.

He put his hands pack down, one around Avery. She watched his hand very closely for a while. Once she placed her eyes back on the TV, Wilmer tickled her side. Bursts of giggles came from her mouth.

"Stop!" Her voice was full of laughter. I couldn't help but laugh at them. I quickly got my phone and started recording. She was laid on the couch with Wilmer tickling both of her sides. She was squirming, trying to escape his hands, but her laughter was preventing her from being successful. "No more!"

"Okay, okay, no more," Wilmer said, finally stopping and putting his hands up in surrender.

She continued to giggle as she sat up. She retreated back to me, snuggling up in my side. I kissed the top of her head and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her in closer.

"Momma will protect me," she said.

"Oh she will, huh?" Wilmer asked as he came closer.

"Don't you dare," I warned him with a smirk on my face.

"She can't protect you if she's being tickled, too."

"Wilmer, don't do it."

He slowly brought his hands up to my sides. I pushed his hands away as a giggle escaped from my own mouth. He started tickling my sides.

"No," I said as I playfully slapped his hands away. He continued to try. "Wilmer, I will seriously slap you, stop," I said, holding up a finger at him.

"Alright, you're right. I'm going to stop pushing it." He retreated back to his spot on the couch.

I smiled down at Avery, who had been giggling at us the whole time.

This is what I needed in my life.

Another cute chapter before the tour drama.

So I have a question. It isn't about the book, it's a personal issue I've been having. Recently, I've been getting these sharp pains in my stomach, something like a knife is being jabbed into me. It isn't connected with my cycle, and it isn't in the lower stomach like regular cramps usually are. Sometimes I get these pains after I eat, but other times they are completely random. I've also found that eating while this is going on makes the pain worse. Does anyone have any clue what this could be? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do when these pains appear? Because they're pretty painful and really annoying.

I'm asking this in this book and my other one.