Fifty-Six:On Stage

Avery's POV

Momma sounded really good on stage. She seemed to be having the time of her life. I had a lot of fun with Ms. Amy as we watched Momma. I had to wear ear plugs because it was so loud, but I didn't mind.

The crowd was crazy for Momma. They all loved her. They knew all of the lyrics to all of her songs. I guess I should learn those, too.

"So some of you might have found out already, but someone very important has come into my life recently," Momma said in between songs. "Long story short, I have a daughter." After that, the crowd cheered. I smiled, looking up at Ms. Amy. She smiled back at me and squeezed my hand. "In fact, she's here with me tonight. Do you want to meet her?" The crowd got even louder, and I felt myself get nervous. "I'll take that as a yes," Momma giggled. She came over to me and took both of my hands. "Do you want to go out with me?" I shrugged shyly. "They're all excited. They'll love you." I stayed quiet, thinking. "You don't have to if you don't want to." After thinking for a little more, I looked at Momma and smiled. I reached up, and she picked me up. Once we got back on stage, the crowd was full of cheers and gushing. I hid my face for the most part. "This is Avery," Momma said into the microphone. "Isn't she adorable?" Again, the crowd got very loud. I looked out for a little, and waved shyly before hiding my face again. Momma kissed the side of my head before returning me to Ms. Amy.

It was actually a lot of fun, even though I was very shy. Maybe she'll let me try again in the next show.

I stayed in the wings for the rest of the show.

Momma ran off stage and picked me up, kissing my face. "You're sweaty," I giggled as I wiped my face off.

"And now you are, too," she responded.

"Eww," I continued.

We went back into the dressing room, where Mom changed back into more comfortable clothes. "Ready to go back to the hotel?"

I nodded with a yawn. We washed our make-up off, even though I didn't have much on. Then we went back to the hotel. It was so crazy, some fans tried to follow us there. But Momma assured me that nothing bad would happen.

We ordered room service, but I fell asleep before it came. I was so tired.

I'm not planning on updating every day. It just so happened that I could update two nights in a row. I do try to update as soon as possible. It all depends on when I get time, and how much I get.