Chapter 34 - Don't Trust

Start from the beginning

I begin to shake, the sensation being second nature to me now.

"Beatrice. Oh my gosh, Beatrice. You're a--alive! Yo--You're awake and you're alive!" I hear my brother, Caleb's voice.

There he stands, his tall frame with his dark brown hair and his earthy green eyes, right in front of me.

I don't even acknowledge the tears going down my face as he wraps me in his arms. The sensation on my frail, weakened body is very painful, but I just don't care. I hold onto my older brother as tightly as my bony arms allow me to.

I hear Dr. Scott's breathing through Caleb and my cries, and I know she's observing us, probably for the sake of me.

Maybe she's waiting for the right time, and then she'll get us both in one go.

My mind screams to warn Caleb that these people aren't safe, but the words just don't form.

"Beatrice, are you alright?" He looks at me.

I try to speak, but exasperated breaths are the only thing heard from my mouth.

"Can you speak?" His eyes widen.

I loose my eye contact with him as I try as hard as I possibly can to focus on speaking.

"Beatrice. It's okay. Don't strain yourself. You don't have to speak right now."

We just look at each other for what seems like forever. "I'm just so relieved you're okay right now. What the heck did he do to you?" He says simply.

Just after that simple statement, I feel the fists hit my skin; the bullets puncture my leg, the knife scrape my skin and then pierce my leg.

I sob in agony, turning my head away from him and clenching my eyes shut tightly.

I hear him speaking, but I don't understand him.

Bullet

After

Bullet

I feel each one puncture it's way into my flesh all over again, the memories flooding my brain with agony.

I feel his arms wrap around my small torso and hold me close. Burrying my face in his shoulder, my mouth finally allows a vocal sob to escape.

The action sets fire to my lungs as my voice gets slightly used for the first time is like months. 

"Mr. Prior, please leave. We have to try and calm her down. Something has clearly set her off and I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"NO! Caleb don't leave me! Don't trust these people! They're trying to kill me!" I scream as my lungs burn.

I hold onto him as he rubs circles on my back. I feel his head rest lightly on top of mine. I still hear Dr. Scott's breathing, so I know she hasn't left, but she hasn't said anything or tried to make Caleb leave either.

"Beatrice, listen to me. You're paranoid, and that's okay. You've been through so much, and it is completely understandable. These people aren't like those people in that building. You can trust these people. These people here want to help you get better and be yourself again, as long as you will let them. Trust me, I know a lot of them first hand, and so does Cara, and they all are such great people. Let them help you, okay? I have to go now, but I want you to know that you're safe. These people won't harm you in any way, and there's no need to be paranoid of them. They're here to help you, and I know they will. I'll see you later, Beatrice." He presses a light kiss to the top of my head and leaves.

And I let him.

A/N

Hi humans!!

All of the chapters in this fanfic are now updated and much easier to read for the fact of there being less typos now.

🔆🔆Updates are Tuesday's and Friday's for both this and TLONP for the summer! This will be updated both days, but TLONP will most likely be updated only one of the two.🔆🔆

Qotc: Current read?

Aotc: The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancy

29k reads!!

Anyways...

Don't forget to

Vote

And

Comment

And

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much!! 😎🔆