Donor

Liam woke up and turned on the light to see his husband crying and thrashing around in his sleep. He shook Louis awake then pulled him into his arms.

" what's wrong boo?" He asked with concern. Louis just let out choked sobs.

"I had the worst dream Li, I dreamt that I told Niall that Danny would be ok and then we got to A&E Daniel died and Niall ran away. I don't know what to do Liam I just can't tell him the truth." Liam and Louis had gone to visit Daniel earlier that day but they left the kids with Zayn. They didn't want to take Harry with them and Louis just didn't have the heart to tell Niall. Daniel was really sick and the doctors weren't sure if he was going to make it.

" babe Niall deserves to know, that's one of his best mates and I'm sure he'd want to see him. I know you won't be able to tell him so I'll go talk to him yeah? Go back to sleep love, you look exhausted." Louis nodded and wiped his remaining tears and laid back down as Liam stood up and pulled on some joggers before going to talk to Niall seeing as it was now seven in the morning. he walked down to Niall's room and opened the door seeing that his son was already awake and quietly playing with his toys. Liam walked over to Niall and sat down beside him.

" hey bug, how come you're already awake?" Niall just shrugged.

"Couldn't sleep." Liam just nodded.

"Let's go downstairs and check your blood sugar and eat some breakfast yeah?"

"What about Hazza and Papa?"

"We'll let them sleep a little bit longer, I wanna have a little chat, just you and I."

"Am I in trouble?"

" no love you're not in trouble I just wanted to talk to you about something." Niall nodded and reached up for Liam to carry him which he happily complied to. When they reach the kitchen he put Niall down on the chair and got all his equipment out. He checked Niall's blood sugar which was a little low as expected then served him a bowl of cereal. It was quiet for a few minutes before Liam finally decided to speak up.

"Niall I have to tell you something about Daniel."

"Is he okay?"

"Not exactly love he's in hospital and he's not doing too well."

"Is he gonna make it?"

"The doctors aren't sure babe but I know they'll do the best they can. We're going to go visit him later on today if you want to come with us." Liam said. Niall just nodded and got up from the table.

"I'm not very hungry anymore, can I go back to bed?" He said as he fought the tears were springing to his eyes. Liam just nodded. Normally he would make Niall stay and finish his food but he figured he had eaten enough and he knew the boy needed some time to himself. Niall mumbled a thank you before making his way upstairs and into his room. Liam cleaned up from breakfast before he too made his way back upstairs. When he went into his room Louis was sitting up reading a book.

"Did you talk to him?"

"Yeah he didn't take it too well so I decided to give him a little bit of space but I'm sure he'll come with us when we go visit Daniel later." Louis nodded and got out of bed.

"Where are you going love?"

"I'm going to wake up Harry and get him dressed Zayn said he'd watch him again while we go visit Daniel."

"Bye baby be good for Zayn we'll see you in a little bit."

" don't worry Papa, Harry's always a little angel, aren't you Hazza?"

"M' good Zee!" Harry said with a cheeky smile.

"Alright babe, gimme a kiss I have to go now." Harry kissed Louis' cheek then giggled. "You too mister, don't think you're too old to kiss your Papa goodbye." Zayn rolled his eyes and kissed Louis' cheek as well.

When they arrived at A&E they checked in and got Daniel's room number before getting in the lift and going up to the floor he was on. On the way over they had both talked to Niall and told him that Daniel wouldn't be able to talk to him or play with him. When they enter Daniel's room they greeted me with a hug before going over to Daniel's bedside. Niall grabbed Daniel's hand gently as a few tears escaped his eyes.

"You have to fight this Danny, you can't give up I need you." He whispered. All three adults looked at each other with tears in their eyes. Joey let them out into the corridor signaling that he wanted to speak to them. As soon as they got outside Joey let out heartbreaking sobs as Louis and Liam both engulfed him in a hug.

"He needs a stem cell transplant the doctor said it's his only chance to live. I was tested and I'm not a match. He's O negative which means he can only receive O negative and it's an extremely rare blood type. He only has a week to get the procedure done before his body gives out and the waiting list is years long. I'm going to lose him I can't lose him!"

"I'll do it." Joey and Louis both looked up at Liam.

"What?" Joey asked.

" I'm O negative, I'll do it. Just tell me what I need to do." Joey wrapped his arms around Liam in the tightest hug he's ever given someone and Louis teared up seeing as he couldn't have been any more proud of his husband than he was this moment.

It was two days later and Liam had just come out of surgery after donating stem cells to Daniel. It wouldn't be immediately clear if the surgery was successful but all they could do was hope for the best and that's what they were going to do.

Plot twist because I'm an evil bitch who likes to fuck with your emotions. JK I love you all. Just in case you're confused the last chapter where Daniel dies was just Louis' dream. In reality he opted not to tell Niall anything and they went to visit Daniel on their own and so he had a nightmare about it at night. so yes Daniel is alive... For now. who knows what I have planned.

Also, because I'm super evil, this is the last chapter for this book, I left you on a cliffhanger of whether or not Daniel will live. I'll start the third and final book in the series sometime soon where Niall will be 16 and Harry will be 18. I know those ages don't match up but I don't want to make Harry too old considering the way his character is. Thank you all for supporting this book I love you.

QOTC: Did you enjoy this book and what should I name the third and final book? If I use your idea you'll get a dedication plus the satisfaction of knowing you named a book lol. Also can we PLEASE try and get this chapter to 100 votes? I'll start the third book as soon as we reach that.