Progress

"Papa we're going to be late!" Josh yelled from upstairs as he wheeled himself onto the lift and pushed the button to come downstairs. He had a physical therapy appointment in twenty minutes. He had been working with Lily for four months and even though he hasn't stood on his own or walked he felt his legs getting a little bit stronger each day.

"I'm coming love I just have to make sure everything is locked." Zayn finally came into the corridor and opened the front door. They got to the car and he opened the door and lifted Josh out of his wheelchair and into his car seat buckling him in. He put Josh's chair in the trunk then got in the driver's seat and drove off towards the hospital. Marcel usually came with them but he had a huge order to fill for a wedding so he was going to be stuck at the bakery all day.

"Papa let's listen to music."

"What do you want to listen to?"

"Uncle Ed!" Zayn had taken Josh to the studio with him many times and the young boy quickly took a liking to the ginger man.

"Of course." Zayn laughed and put on Photograph as Josh sang out obnoxiously. Eventually Zayn pulled into the car park and decided to just carry Josh in so he didn't have to hassle with the wheelchair.

"Hello, 2pm appointment for Joshua Paylinson with Lily."

"Yes, go right ahead." The receptionist smiled at them. Zayn thanked her and walked back to the therapy room with Josh.

"Hi Josh, how are you today?" Lily asked. Josh just smiled. "Hello Zayn."

"Hello Lilly, what are you going to do with him today?"

"I'm going to work on his foot eye coordination and balance." She then turned to Josh. "Are you ready love?" Josh nodded and allowed Lily to take him out of Zayn's arms. Zayn walked over to a bench and sat down to watch. Lily placed Josh on the floor in between the two metal bars and asked him to hold himself up which he did with ease. She placed a football directly in front of his right foot.

"Okay Josh try and kick the ball." Josh strained as much as he could but he couldn't move his leg, it did twitch however and the ball moved about 5cm forward.

"Good job Josh, you're muscles are getting a bit stronger, let's try the same with the left." He was able to repeat the same thing. She gave him a high five then picked him up to give his arms a bit of a rest. Zayn came over and brought him some water then went back to sit down. Lily once again placed Josh between the bars. Zayn thought Josh looked so cute and small so he pulled out his phone to record so he could show Marcel later.

"Okay Josh, I want you to try and let go of the bar with one hand. It's okay if you fall, I'll catch you." Josh nervously nodded, they tried this every week and he always got his hopes up only for them to fall...literally. He closed his eyes and slowly let his left hand slip off of the bar and prepared himself but nothing happened. He opened his eyes and saw that he was holding himself up with only one arm. He beamed with happiness and Lily and Zayn both cheered as Zayn still recorded the whole thing.

"Josh wanna try the other hand?" Josh decided to just give it a go. He slowly moved his hand until just his fingertips were barely clutching on. He eventually let go and was shocked to see himself standing.

"PAPA I'M DOING IT!" Zayn got closer to film. He really wished Marcel was here but at least he got it on video for him to see later.

"I see baby, good job I'm so proud of you, Dada is going to love to see this later." After a couple more seconds Josh's legs gave in and Lily caught him but he couldn't wipe the smile off his face..after a little more than four months he had finally stood on his own.

So finally a truly happy chapter after all these drama filled ones :)

QOTC: What do you want to see next? I'm out of prompts lol.